Manufacturing Engineer Trainee (SCORE Engineer)
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
This position is responsible for providing technical and project support for a manufacturing and packaging facility. Assignments to this role could include technical projects, cost reduction projects, capital projects, safety projects, general engineering / production projects, or any assorted project that involves engineering / production support and leads to the safe, efficient, and productive work environment at Church and Dwight.
Core working hours are Monday - Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Ensures that all tasks/projects are performed according to safety, quality, and regulatory procedures. Rotates through the various functions of the site over the course of 18-24 months, supporting project work as assigned.
- Responsible for planning and executing improvement activities for manufacturing and packaging facility.
- Applies Engineering / Technical / Manufacturing fundamentals to ensure reliable operations.
- Support culture of continuous improvement. Incorporate/use principles and techniques of lean manufacturing, such as 5S, TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) elements, etc. during project completion.
- Attends and actively participates in team, plant, and project meetings.
- Provides timely and effective communication of project activities and progress to supervision.
- Manage time and prioritize project loads to complete assign projects.
- Provides process support and assists in trouble shooting process issues in operations, maintenance, and packaging as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Good mechanical aptitude and knowledge.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively manage time.
- Ability to work independently or with a team to complete projects in a timely manner.
Education and Experience:
Must possess a bachelor’s degree in science / technology / engineering related field.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More