Maintenance Technician - Weekend Nights - Thursday-Sunday
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Position Maintenance Technician
Shift: Weekend Nights - Thursday through Friday 9:30pm - 6:00am; Saturday through Sunday 5:30pm - 5:30am
Rate of Pay: $37.28
Sign on Bonus: $1,500
Under general supervisor of the Maintenance Supervisor, this position is responsible maintaining the facility and the equipment within. Performing equipment repairs, preventative maintenance, and troubleshooting. This position is utilized throughout the facility in both GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) regulated and nonregulated departments.
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and awareness within their area. Support and adhere to all plant safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Perform troubleshooting, facility, equipment and production line repairs, shop fabrication, pipe fitting (PVC and stainless) and machine set-up in support of high speed production lines.
- Perform all maintenance activities such as predictive and preventative maintenance, work orders and improvement projects via the CMMS system.
- Coordinate and perform all maintenance activities (PM, work orders, improvement projects, etc.) to effectively balance maintenance and production needs.
- Perform technical work while running production lines in pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical areas.
- Maintain packaging and processing equipment including machine adjustments, repairs, lubrication, etc. in support of Line Mechanics and Technical Line Operators.
- Root cause analysis to troubleshoot and eliminate primary causes of downtime, etc. to improve OEE (overall equipment effectiveness).
- Facilities maintenance including maintenance and repair of all building and ground support systems. i.e. Industrial air compressors, water towers, boilers…
- Active participation in training and certification program as needed in technical aspects of machinery to include set-ups, changeovers, troubleshooting, etc.
- Ensures all quality and food safety practices are followed at all times in support of the VMS (vitamin and mineral supplement) business.
- All other related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communications skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media – verbal, written, etc. Must have ability to communicate clearly in English – verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment, calm under pressure and flexibility to adapt to changing schedules as appropriate.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s Degree or vocational certificate preferred.
- 3-5 years proven maintenance mechanic experience in a fast-paced lean manufacturing environment preferred; CPG (consumer packaged goods) industry a plus
- Strong mechanical aptitude including knowledge of three phases electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and PLC controls, shop math skills and strong troubleshooting ability required
- Strong computer skills required; previous experience with SAP or CMMS preferred.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More