Assistant Marketing Manager
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Church & Dwight Canada is a Consumer-Packaged Goods company with over 30 leading brands in the Household, OTC, Personal Care and Sexual Health categories. Most of its brands occupy a #1 or #2 share position.
Its signature brand is the Arm & Hammer family of products that includes Baking Soda, Laundry Detergent, Dental Care, Cat Litter, Carpet Deodorizers and more.
Other well established, high performing Church & Dwight brands include OxiClean, Orajel, First Response, Trojan, Batiste, Nair, Gravol, Rub A535, L’il Critters and Vitafusion.
Over the last few years the company bolstered its brand roster with the acquisitions of the Viviscal Hair Growth System, Toppik Hair Building Fibers, Anusol Hemorrhoid Treatments, Waterpik Water Flossers & Showerheads, Flawless Hair Removers, and most recently Therabreath Mouth Rinses and Hero Cosmetics.
Assistant Marketing Manager – Household & Oral Care Business Unit
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic ‘can-do’ marketing individual who can professionally manage and add value to multiple projects and tasks at the same time.
This role will report to and support the Marketing Manager who is responsible for a mix of category-leading brands with high growth potential over multiple segments: Household and Oral Care.
You will support Waterpik (Water Flossers/ Showerheads), Orajel (Mouth Meds), Therabreath (Mouth Rinses) and report to a Marketing Manager.
Given the number of brands and the exciting new product pipeline, these portfolios require a highly motivated, extremely organized, high-energy individual who prides themselves on accomplishments.
In this position, the successful candidate will:
- Assist the Marketing Manager in the achievement of business goals and provide strong assistance in strategic and tactical operation of the brand. This position will also provide administrative support for the Marketing Manager.
- Proactively recommend actions to improve corporate and in market efficiencies.
- Assist in the development and commercialization of new product pipelines, including support on advancing products through the SKU approval and Stage Gate process as well as SKU discontinuation recommendations.
This position will also:
- Work daily with key internal teams: customer marketing, category management, supply chain, operations, finance, regulatory affairs, legal, product development and take part in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Work effectively with our North American and International subsidiaries and contribute to successfully operating within fast evolving corporate processes.
- Support artwork development and run outs, working with packaging partners through key milestones of briefing, artwork development, separations as well as internal supply chain to facilitate transitions.
- Acclimatize with the retail, competitive and regulatory environments to support analytics and strategic business decisions (pricing, sizing, distribution, product development, claims development, category reviews and more).
- Work with external agency partners to develop associated tactics for integrated consumer, shopper marketing, public relations and health care professionals that support the brand strategy.
- Should have the skills to potentially fill in for a Marketing Manager as the need arises.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- University Degree in a related field or the equivalent.
- 2-3+ years of marketing experience in a CPG environment.
- Solid understanding and experience of the marketing mix.
- Excellent organizational, priority and time management skills.
- Capacity to learn quickly and has a strong ability to multi-task.
- Detail-oriented but ‘quick on their feet’.
- Strong, professional communication skills.
- Positive attitude, accomplishment driven.
- High energy and a sense of business urgency.
- Understands and accepts accountability.
- Ability to adapt and adjust to a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines with limited supervision.
- Understand the importance and requirements to effectively work in a team environment.
- Works collaboratively with all team members.
- Good anticipation skills and proactively addresses issues and opportunities providing solutions.
- Ability to translate data into meaningful insights/useful information.
- Ability to plan and execute projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint & Excel) and ACNielsen data analysis tools.
- Strong abilities with financial metrics and forecasting.
- Strong creativity.
- Knowledge and experience working with SAP would be an asset.
- French proficiency would be an asset.
Church and Dwight Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a barrier-free, inclusive and accessible work environment. Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodation in respect of a legally protected characteristic in accordance with applicable human rights legislation. If you require accommodation on this basis, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please inform our Human Resources department if you require an accommodation in completing this application for employment or for otherwise participating in the application process.
Canada is more than its hulking-mountain, craggy-coast good looks: it also cooks extraordinary meals, rocks cool culture and unfurls wild, moose-spotting road trips.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More