A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Are you experienced in product formulation within personal care brands? Do you have a degree in science or a related field?
If the answer is yes - then look no further. Church & Dwight UK Ltd have an exciting opportunity for a Development Chemist to join our R&D team based in Folkestone, Kent on a permanent contract.
This role within the R&D team will be part of the development and formulation of products within our personal care portfolio, covering personal care products. Laboratory duties will include initiating new product concepts, preparation of laboratory and stability samples.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and formulating products with global partners based on consumer needs, insights and market trends while managing the existing portfolio of products
- Initiating new product or claims ideas based on consumer research
- Preparation of laboratory and stability samples.
- Develop product demonstrations for innovation and present new projects and research to a wide audience.
- To be involved with laboratory and/or clinical in use tests to validate the efficacy and/or safety of the products
- Working with Quality Control and Packaging Departments to provide technical support.
- Working closely with cross departmental functions, marketing, procurement, production to deliver NPD/EPD
- Equipment - ensuring the proper use, maintenance and calibration of equipment and instruments used.
- Reporting to the Senior chemist/R&D Manager any problems observed with products on test.
- Literature searches and reviews of related topics when developing and formulating new products.
- Work with and create new SOP’s where appropriate.
- Be able to manage different projects at a time while being onsite
The ideal candidate will have experience of the development/formulation of products within a comparable industry. In addition, they will:
- Have proven FMCG industry experience in personal care formulation and science, and formulation in oral care is a nice to have
- Have a University Degree in Sciences or related relevant professional qualifications to degree level.
- Have excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Have the ability to lead cross functionally, forge strong working relationships and build effective project teams.
- Be self-motivated with the ability to plan ahead and use initiative.
- Have excellent IT skills – particularly Microsoft software – with the ability to present. information in forms, tables and spread sheets.
- Be self-motivated, energetic & positive attitude.
- Be proactive to resolve issues with strong problem-solving abilities.
- Be flexible to allow trips when needed (UK, Europe) and be in contact with our US and Australian team.
In return, we offer a competitive salary with 24 days annual leave, company performance related bonus, health cash plan, life assurance cover and highly competitive pension scheme.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.co.uk/
When applying for a role and sending your cv, you understand that the Company will hold your personal data in relation to your prospective employment and will process that data for legitimate business reasons within the requirements of UK data protection laws currently in effect and as they become applicable, including the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679)) and any successor legislation. Candidate Privacy Notice.
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More