Warehouse Lean Leader
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Warehouse Lean Leader
This position has responsibility for overall continuous improvement programs including continuous improvement teams, root cause analysis and CAPA (Corrective and Preventative Action) investigations in a fast-paced regulatory environment. Manages operational “Good to Great” cost savings program and CER capital projects.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- This role will be a back up to the warehouse manager.
- Create and execute the Continuous Improvement Site Strategic Plan including the drive to bronze and silver lean status.
- Identify and champion opportunities for continuous improvement initiatives by driving and implementing productivity improvements, quality improvements and fine reductions.
- Include Customer-centric mindset during CI projects.
- Be the WMS super user.
- Incorporate principles of lean manufacturing such as 5S, key TPS (Toyota Production System) elements, etc.
- Manage the SOP process and ensure compliance to GMP standards
- Facilitate Kaizen events, prioritize opportunities, foster, and influence teams, include metrics, create visual standards, and provide auditing for sustainability.
- Utilize problem solving capabilities to build an CI culture such as Root Cause Analysis, Kaizen, DMAIC and Six Sigma skills.
- Leverage the C&D lean methodology, perform training, coaching and assessment, in collaboration with other functions.
- Work with SCM operations to create and maintain quality, delivery and cost metrics related to the warehouse operation.
- Do root cause analysis on inventory accuracy issues with respect to the WMS
- Support the Quality Department standards by leading the operational root cause analysis and Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA) projects.
- Review process value stream mapping and recommend staffing levels, methods, and performance metrics (measurements) to ensure an effective operation.
- Communicate methods, changes, scheduling, etc. as appropriate and required cross-functionally throughout the organization.
- Post events, site & story boards, weekly site assessments (Bronze), and employee recognition.
- Responsible always for promoting a safety culture and safety awareness within their area of responsibility.
- Support and enforce all plant safety policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner.
- May be required to support the operation outside of assigned shift hours or on weekends as needed.
- Project manage important and critical cross functional operation projects that impact the warehouse.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned as oversee the daily activities ensuring all orders are shipped on time while maintaining accuracy and safety.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Education and Experience
- 3 – 5 years business experience in continuous improvement initiatives which includes inventory accuracy and warehouse operations.
- College degree, or logistics designation or equivalent experience.
- An understanding of SAP (order management system) is preferred.
- Understanding of warehouse management systems.
- Solid knowledge and background in warehouse and transportation operations.
- Experience in retail logistics and consumer packaged goods is preferred.
- Knowledge of lean/six sigma or commitment to learn.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt preferred.
Skills and Competencies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PBi.
- Able to work with databases and create customized crystal reports
- Must possess analytical skills.
- Must be organized, possess good time management skills, good presentation skills,
- be proactive, and able to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communications skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media – verbal, written, etc.
- Must be able to effectively manage detail as well as the big picture
- Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
Church and Dwight Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a barrier-free, inclusive and accessible work environment. Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodation in respect of a legally protected characteristic in accordance with applicable human rights legislation. If you require accommodation on this basis, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please inform our Human Resources department if you require an accommodation in completing this application for employment or for otherwise participating in the application process.
Canada is more than its hulking-mountain, craggy-coast good looks: it also cooks extraordinary meals, rocks cool culture and unfurls wild, moose-spotting road trips.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More