2024 Summer Internship - HR Communications & Engagement
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is offering an internship opportunity on our Human Resources team. This 10-week internship program starts on May 29th and runs through August 6th, and includes exposure to leadership, professional development, networking events, and the chance to connect with students throughout a variety of functions.
The HR Communications & Engagement intern will help leadership achieve our goal to engage a dispersed, global employee base and to help our employee base navigate the digital evolution of our HR service offering. Our culture is what sets us apart and your role in devising and deploying strategies to reaffirm and reinforce that culture, using digital and analog tools is essential to maintaining organizational success.
This internship will be project based and focused on enhancing our internal communications. The internship includes assessing our current state and making recommendations for consistent employer branding and execution of internal communications.
- You will help to manage communications in HR that connect Church & Dwighters to communities across our global locations to increase awareness of Church and Dwight as a great place to work.
- Using your creativity, you will translate meaningful messages into interactive digital content that captures the hearts and minds of our employees.
- You will proactively manage group and individual stakeholder needs and concerns through ongoing engagement, eliciting stakeholder feedback, supporting functional and technical requirements and testing workshops as needed, establish and coordinate stakeholder groups, as needed, and analyze stakeholder data.
- You will work on real-time projects and experience interactions that will prepare you for future employment opportunities related to HR communications strategies and tactics, enhancements, and project deliverables.
- Collaborate and align with the Engagement and Change Manager to support internal communications strategy and HR project launch plans.
What We’re Looking For:
- Demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in human resources or communications as a profession.
- Demonstrated initiative and a strong drive for results
- Project management skillset demonstrated through coursework, prior jobs, school clubs or volunteering
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills as demonstrated through classwork, prior jobs, school clubs or volunteering
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Demonstrated creative problem solving
- Excellent time management and detail orientation
- Ability to learn and adapt in a dynamic and ambiguous environment
- Strong technical skills including Office 365 (Excel, PowerPoint, Word & Teams)
- Experience creating visual communication using Canva or a similar platform
What’s In It for You:
- Hybrid work schedule
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Summer Speaker Series with executive leadership
- Network with full intern class
- Access to company store
- Final presentations to share your findings and technical recommendations that the business may implement.
- For those whose permanent address is greater than 30 miles from the work site, the company will provide a one-time transportation stipend to offset travel/relocation expenses.
- Currently enrolled undergraduate students who have completed at least two years of college coursework (rising Junior or rising Senior) while pursuing a bachelor's degree in communications, business, analytics, marketing, or other closely related disciplines.
- Ability and interest in working a hybrid schedule in Ewing, NJ.
- Experience managing multiple timelines and priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment, desire to learn and contribute to a growing company.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. Eligible students must not required sponsorship now or in the future.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More