Open Innovation and Interconnectivity Manager (Europe)
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Are you an experienced Open Innovation Manager with extensive experience of the FMCG industry searching for a new exciting challenge?
If the answer is yes- then look no further, Church & Dwight UK Ltd have an exciting opportunity for an Open Innovation & Interconnectivity Manager (EU) to join our team on a permanent basis.
Church & Dwight seeks a dynamic Open Innovation Expert serving our Global Innovation R&D Strategy.
Within this role you will will play a pivotal role in the EU innovation ecosystem connecting with a vast network of external innovation sources, including suppliers, contract manufacturers, start-ups, individual inventors, innovation houses, and other key players. Primary objective will be to unearth transformational, value-creating innovations and turn-key solutions to bolster our organization's agility and competitive edge.
Key responsibilities include:
- External Collaboration: Cultivate and maintain relationships with external partners, including suppliers, contract manufacturers, innovation houses, start-ups, and individual inventors in the EU region.
- Innovation Scouting: Proactively identify, evaluate, and integrate breakthrough innovations from external sources in EU that align with Church & Dwight's strategic objectives at the global level.
- Turn-Key Solution Development: Partner with R&D and cross-functional teams to develop and implement turn-key solutions that drive product and process innovation.
- Open Innovation Strategy: Modernize existing OI practices and introduce new OI best practices across all R&D and business functions.
- Portfolio Management: Own and manage the portfolio of OI initiatives, ensuring alignment with the company's broader R&D and strategic goals.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Quality, GMS, Procurement, Packaging, Product Development and Legal, to streamline the innovation process.
- Partnership Management: Actively manage several high impact partnerships in line with our Global R&D Strategy.
- Program Management: Ensure that the Open Innovation program is implemented in the EU region and ecosystem with consistent principles and best practices.
- Reporting: Regularly update the US-based Senior Director of Open Innovation & Interconnectivity on progress, challenges, and opportunities in the European OI landscape.
The successful candidate must have previous extensive experience in R&D management, ideally within the FMCG industry. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in open innovation with a strong network in the European innovation ecosystem.
A successful individual must have strong analytical, interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills and be competent in IP management. A proficiency in multiple European languages will be advantageous.
This role works 39 hours per week Monday-Friday. The role is based remotely in the UK with the requirement to attend the Folkestone office 4 days per month. There is also a requirement for European travel in order to fulfil the duties of the role.
In return we offer a competitive package, including 24 days annual leave, a pension matched up to 9%, discretionary annual bonus, life assurance cover and membership of a health cash plan.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.co.uk/
When applying for a role and sending your cv, you understand that the Company will hold your personal data in relation to your prospective employment and will process that data for legitimate business reasons within the requirements of UK data protection laws currently in effect and as they become applicable, including the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679)) and any successor legislation. Candidate Privacy Notice.
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More