Graduate 2024 Summer Intern - R&D Open Innovation
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is offering a Graduate internship opportunity within the Open Innovation (OI) & Interconnectivity team, ideally for a first year master's student. This 10-week internship program starts on May 29th and runs through August 6th, and includes exposure to leadership, professional development, networking events, and the chance to connect with students throughout a variety of functions. The team is responsible for partnering with contract manufacturers, suppliers, start-ups, innovation houses, universities etc. to support the development and commercialization of transformational technologies within R&D.
The Open Innovation intern will be fully integrated into the team, playing a key role in day-to-day OI management.
The intern will gain day to day experience and participate in key workstreams such as:
- External Collaboration: Cultivate and maintain relationships with external partners, including suppliers, contract manufacturers, innovation houses, start-ups, and individual inventors.
- Innovation Scouting: Proactively identify, evaluate, and integrate breakthrough innovations from external sources that align with Church & Dwight's strategic objectives at the global level.
- Turn-Key Solution Development: Partner with R&D and cross-functional teams to develop and implement turn-key solutions that drive product and process innovation.
- Partnership Management: Actively manage one high impact partnership in line with our Global R&D Strategy.
- Partner with the OI team and other functions, including Procurement, Supply Chain, Product Development, Legal etc. to build business cases for new technology partnership opportunities.
- Work with OI team leaders and OI Sr. Director and strategize on ways to improve OI business impact inside and outside the organization.
- Manage incoming leads/opportunities in the OI knowledge portal.
- Update & maintain relevant OI dashboards, spreadsheets and Team’s sites. Review, issue and store newsletters and publications
- Become familiar with internal AI system and suggest/explore use cases
- Summarize and report out your intern experience & suggest improvements
- Currently enrolled first year graduate student pursuing a Master’s degree (Business Administration).
- Prior work experience in the Consumer Products (CPG) industry in R&D, Operations, Strategy or Business Development.
- Aptitude / willingness to learn how to interface with different platforms, run reports, and engage with various Church & Dwight systems.
- Strong ability in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft office suite
- Ability and interest in working a hybrid schedule in Princeton, NJ three days per week.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (MS Excel strongly preferred)
- Experience managing multiple timelines and priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment, desire to learn and contribute to a growing company.
- Candidates must have US Work Authorization (US Citizen, permanent resident, green card holder)
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More