Senior Demand Planner
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Job Location: Hybrid (Ewing, NJ/Home Office)
The Sr. Demand Planner is responsible for developing and maintaining forecasting and demand plans that enable the organization to achieve the sales and service objectives. The planner will utilize the S&OP process to collaborate with supply chain, finance, sales, trade marketing, and marketing while reviewing JDA, Siebel, and CPFR data to construct a weekly demand forecast while maintaining weekly and monthly forecast accuracy for the top customers.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Refresh and publish forecast changes for the rolling 18 month weekly and monthly demand forecasts by brand, by UPC utilizing all cross functional data.
- Partner with marketing, inside sales, and sales to produce an accurate forecast. Information will include current and upcoming key customer needs, new item introductions, timing for discontinuations and promotional plans.
- Meet regularly with Sales, Marketing and Supply Planning to monitor current forecast status and required actions such as contingency plans.
- Lead the Pre-S&OP (Sales & Operations Planning) and S&OP meetings with all cross functional departments.
- Track and report forecast accuracy metrics and drive continuous improvement in sales forecasting
- Identify, analyze, and document the forecast errors related to the demand forecast for identification of corrective actions through utilizing JDA and Terra Technology
- Communicate with the Supply Chain Planner in a rapid and timely manner on emerging demand changes and special requests
- Work with the new products and marketing groups to develop new production introduction forecasts and timelines
- Provide short to medium term project support and analysis to the Demand Planning Manager
Education and Experience
- BS degree required, preferably in Business Operations, Supply Chain, Engineering
- 5+ years Demand Planning and Forecast analysis experience required
- Working Knowledge of supply chain process and ERP/MRP systems
- Working knowledge of JDA preferred
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- High sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Ability to analyze data and determine opportunities for improvement
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- The ideal candidate must be a professional team-oriented individual who can manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment and be able to adhere to deadlines
- Strong system and analytical skills required. The ability to extract and compile data from multiple systems, analyze data and then make recommendations for action.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More