Packing Operator - Weekend Nights
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Shift Schedule: Thursday and Friday 9:30pm - 9:30pm to 6:00am; Saturday & Sunday 5:30pm - 5:30am
Rate of Pay: 23.00
Sing-on Bonus: $1,500
Under the general supervision of the Operations Supervisor – This position will be responsible for working in a variety of functions within the VMS manufacturing area, such as stacking/sorting/distributing bulk product and material, hand palletizing, sorting product, packaging equipment set-up/operation and raw material management (bottles, caps, corrugate).
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and awareness within their area. Support and adhere to all plant safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Assist with set-up and operation of auxiliary packaging line equipment, including bottling machine, bagger, vision system, bottle labeler, bundler, bottle feed, case packer, etc.
- Participate in continuous improvement teams to identify and resolve areas of downtime,
- Manually sort and de-clump bulk product prior to packaging process. Remove critical defects as needed (i.e. deformed, discoloured, misshaped, wrong size, etc.)
- Supply hoppers with bottles, caps and other raw materials as needed.
- Perform or verify daily operator quality checks as required per the batch record.
- Manually package and remove/load product on the packaging line as needed.
- Follow established communications protocol with VMS personnel to communicate and escalate quality, safety and/or equipment issues as needed.
- Set-up & operate packaging equipment to include, but not limited to: heat tunnel, de-clumper, case maker, tray former, case sealer, checkweigher, palletizer etc.
- Ensures all quality and food safety practices are followed at all times.
- Assist in line clearance, cleaning, and sanitization procedures as needed.
- Assist with the training and certification program as needed.
- Rework product per the written protocol as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Strong communications skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media – verbal, written, etc. Must have ability to communicate clearly in English – verbal and written.
- Strong organizational/time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment, calm under pressure and flexibility to adapt to changing schedules as appropriate.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s Degree or vocational certificate preferred.
- 1-3 years previous quality control floor experience in a fast-paced FDA-regulated manufacturing environment preferred.
- Prior manufacturing experience in a GMP environment preferred (food manufacturing, pharmaceutical manufacturing, etc.)
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More