Associate Design Director (Hero Cosmetics Brand)
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Who We Are
Hero Cosmetics is a functional skin solution brand focused on acne-prone skin and part of the Church & Dwight family of power brands. We develop products such as the Might Patch, Rescue Balm, and Lighting Wand to address the full lifecycle of acne. Acne-prone skin is human, and it can often feel entirely out of our control. We’re here to help put the power back in our consumers’ hands. Whether they’re looking to prevent, treat, or repair – we create gentle, effective solutions that help their skin fight back; so everyone can open up, not cover up. The true heros are not the products we make, but the people we serve.
What you’ll do:
- Lead all primary campaigns from concept to implementation
- Aid in the development of style guides and frameworks to successfully and efficiently launch campaigns, cultural moments, product launches, and all other brand efforts
- Participate actively in creative brainstorms, leveraging design thinking to unlock innovative approaches
- Proof creative work to ensure the accuracy of the information, that we’re on brand and strategy, and that our design efforts are maximized
- Lead design reviews and ensure team-wide participation and alignment internally before presenting creative work
- Work with Creative Ops to estimate hours and assign creative team members best suited for each project based on ability and workload and manage workloads to maximize productivity
- Provide written and face-to-face feedback for performance reviews, as well as ongoing feedback throughout the year
- Mentor designers on design best practices
- Present work and develop collaborative cross-functional relationships of value and respect
- Stay up-to-date with innovations and industry trends
Who you are:
- Multifaceted background with 7-10+ years of agency and/or in-house experience
- BFA or BA in graphic design, advertising, fine arts, or a relevant field preferred
- Proficiency in Figma and Adobe Creative Suite and an understanding of print production and e-commerce best practices
- Passionate for design systems, type systems, and framework thinking
- Experience working cross-functionally, balancing the needs of stakeholders, and breaking down complex narratives or marketing strategies into simple but compelling ideas and executions
- Tackles ambiguous problems and shaping them into clear goals
- Strong leadership skills and can organize, motivate, and improve the creative output of those around you
- Strong relationship-building skills; ability to work with a variety of people in various disciplines; cross-functional collaborator
- Strong portfolio to demonstrate originality, innovation, and design systems
- Ability to sell creative ideas to senior leaders and management
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail and very organized, a time management expert
- Discerning eye for design with a deep knowledge of beauty space and branding
This is a Hybrid role with flexibility to work remotely and in our NYC office at 407 Broome St, New York, NY.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $101,600 - $158,800. This position is also eligible for a bonus.
As a Church & Dwight US employee, you (and your family) will have access to medical, dental, vision, basic life insurance, paid vacation and sick time, and Paid Parental Leave. U.S. employees are entitled to paid holidays, floating holidays, and vacation days starting in their first year of employment depending on hire date. You are also able to participate in our 401k retirement plan (with company match).
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More