A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The incumbent will supervise and coordinate the activities of the Utility Workers and related temporary workers. This includes interfacing with all site functions to understand and fulfill utility needs across the plant. This position reports to the EHS Manager. All of the above will be accomplished with the following activities:
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments and sequencing to meet utility objectives and goals.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate utility-related functions and activities within or between departments through the site’s work order system. Monitor and trend work order completion and break-in work for Utility Workers and temporary workers.
- Demonstrate equipment operations, as well as work, safety and GFSI procedures to new employees and temporary workers and assign new employees to experienced workers for training and mentoring. Ensure SOP’s and training checklists are completed by new hires and then annually train and track performance of current employees against SOP requirements.
- Coordinate with other departments for unscheduled shift coverage and scheduling of temporary assignments, training assignments, and outage work that needs to be fulfilled by members of the Utility group.
- Oversee the implementation and development of Lean manufacturing standards within the department. This includes layered auditing, 5S and kaizens among others.
- Enforce company policies and procedures for workers. Confer with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints, or issues. Assist with hiring and discharge decisions.
- Approve vacations, assignments, overtime and pay rates within the Utility group. Approve timesheets in the company’s time and attendance system and for temporary workers, approve time as directed by the workers’ agency. Maintain operating data such as time/labor code distribution, cost by job, and work results.
- Requisition materials, supplies, equipment parts or repair services for the Utility Department, as well as for the inspection activities of the EHS Specialist.
- Ensure departmental SOPs are maintained and updated. Schedule and conduct Tier 1 meetings, weekly safety meetings and other required training sessions. Ensure additional employee development is achieved through gemba and on-the-job training
Minimum qualifications for this position include: a high-school diploma/GED with preference given for an associate or bachelor’s degree; 3-5 years business experience, preferably in a plant or industrial environment; and 1+ years supervisory responsibilities. Candidate must demonstrate strong organizational, planning and analytical skills, along with well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More