Quality Lab Assistant
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Under the direction of the Quality Lab Coordinator - VMS, this position will be responsible for assisting and performing both specialized and routine physical testing and supporting the daily functions of the laboratory.
Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and safety awareness within their area of responsibility.
Support all plant and department safety policies and procedures at all times.
Assures that samples designated for physical analysis are prioritized and processed in a timely and accurate manner.
Use Good Laboratory Practices and Good Documentation Practices in all laboratory activities.
General lab duties including, but not limited to:
- Moisture analysis
- pH analysis
- Water activity
- Piece-weight analysis
- Organoleptic analysis
- Prepare samples for HPLC using liquid nitrogen
- Calibration of laboratory equipment
- Washing laboratory dishes
- Prepare samples for shipment to contract laboratories for testing as needed
- Receive, review and document contract laboratory testing results
- Assist in data trending and tracking.
- Order, track and distribute laboratory supplies. Receive all chemicals (including hazardous and flammable materials) into the lab.
- Log them in the Chemical Tracker and out them into their designated locations.
- Check temperature chart records and desiccators daily.
- Manage sample retain area.
- Seek opportunities to reduce routine laboratory costs by increased efficiency (higher throughput, decreased cost of supplies)
- Execute projects as assigned to meet changing laboratory needs and requirements.
- Maintain all housekeeping, regulatory and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) requirements.
- Foster and maintain good employee relations through all the appropriate methods of communications and positive employee relations practices.
- Provide general Quality Department support as needed (audits, failure investigations, complaint investigations, new formula / product start-ups, compliance monitoring, etc.)
- Utilize laboratory safety procedures, handing of hazardous materials, PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and review of MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) or GHS (Globally Harmonized System) pertaining to the work area.
- Participate in development, maintenance and communication all applicable SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) as related to the laboratory and internal/external testing activities and protocols for the operation.
- Ensures all quality and food safety practices are followed at all times.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to build positive relationships at all levels both internal and external to the organization
- Excellent communications skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media – verbal, written, etc.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills.
- Knowledge of Plant Quality Systems related to SOP’s, control plans, work instructions, project management, quality engineering and quality audit functions.
- Competence in Total Quality Systems (ISO-9000), cGMP and regulatory requirements (21 CFR 110, 111 and 210/211).
- Ability to maintain a laboratory notebook; strong attention to detail.
- Good knowledge of laboratory terminology, equipment, materials, and the techniques/procedures commonly used in the analysis of food and related products.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite, MS Project and SAP).
- Ability to interpret and analyze technical data and make appropriate recommendations as needed.
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Microbiology or related field preferred.
- Prior quality laboratory experience in a fast-paced regulated manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience in dietary supplements, CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods), food or pharmaceuticals industry a plus.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More