Companion Animal Account Manager
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Serve as the primary Arm & Hammer Animal Nutrition representative to and manage the relationships of large, business-minded Pet Food Companies and their network of influencers (Corporate Purchasing, Nutritionists, Veterinarians & Food Safety Professionals).
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities (Describe the 5-7 major accountabilities)
- Responsible for Sales, Account Management & Maintenance and achieving Sales Growth Goals for the Pet Food Market.
- Ensure overall customer satisfaction and deliver necessary sales results Maintain productive business relationships with a targeted group of Pet Food Manufacturing Companies that result in greater sales of products.
- Identify and develop relationships with key Pet Food industry influencers that will allow for further penetration of our products to other operations that we are not directly targeting.
- Develop and execute sales and marketing plans specific to the Pet Food Industry.
- Use account plans to identify and deliver needs to customers and influencers (financial advice, product information, training, data monitoring, etc.) to support the increased sales of Arm & Hammer products.
- Establish and initiate communication requirements within the targeted market.
- Maintain and update targeted customers and influencers in the CRM system.
- Communicate distribution requirements and issues to Sr. Sales Manager, Integrated Food Business.
- Travel 50 – 75%.
Education and Experience
- BS/MS/PhD degree from an accredited institution in one of the following areas: Agricultural Economics, Animal Science, Ag Finance, Ag Marketing, Animal Nutrition or DVM degree.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience selling in the Pet Food Manufacturing or equivalent industry.
- Track record of achieving top and bottom line growth results and proactively accomplishing assigned goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strategic customer relationships, handle multiple priorities and work in a self-direct manner.
Skills and Competencies
- Companion Animal Diet Formulation understanding and analysis.
- Understanding of Pet Food nutrition and market economics.
- Financial benchmarking and evaluation skills.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office.
- Understanding of basic monogastric nutrition and production characteristics of large modern farms
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Effective communication and presentation skills. Ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Exhibit characteristics required within the Specialty Products Division including committed, integrated/aligned, responsive, profitable, credible, and respectful.
- Code of Conduct
- Sexual Harassment Avoidance
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More