Sr Copywriter, eCommerce
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Church & Dwight is looking for an experienced copywriter to write break-through content for ecommerce and other digital platforms that will drive sales conversions for a variety of brands. If you are a writer with a demonstrated ability to create compelling, clear, short-form copy for thumb-stopping ecomm tiles and banners, short ecomm videos, paid social ads, and other digital media--and you can skillfully write longer-form copy for descriptions and bullets on product detail pages (PDPs) that are SEO-friendly, on-brand and drive online sales, then this role is for you.
The Sr. Copywriter, eCommerce role joins the Copywriting team of Creative Services (CS), Church & Dwight’s in-house creative agency, reporting to the Copy & Content Manager. The Sr. Copywriter, eCommerce will work closely with CS’s Manager of eCommerce Strategic Content and CS’s graphic design team to create powerful multimedia content for ecomm and digital platforms. You also will work collaboratively with CS’s dynamic team of talented copywriters, video producers and editors, social media creators, with internal partners such as Church & Dwight’s eCommerce and Digital Strategy Teams, Brand Marketing Teams, Project Managers, and with external partners like consultants, external digital and creative agencies, contractors, and freelancers.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize and write compelling copy for static or GIF/animated ecomm content (e.g. carousel tile images, e-retail store banners, enhanced/A+ content) that follows ecomm best practices and effectively communicates products' RTBs to drive sales
- Write SEO-friendly copy for product detail pages (PDPs) – product titles, descriptions, bullets – that integrates targeted keywords and follows ecomm best practices, is consistent with the brand story and voice, and follows legal guidelines for each brand and product
- Write short-form video scripts and collaborate with the video production team to create effective, clear ecomm videos that drive sales
- Stay up to date and follow ecomm industry trends and best practices, as well as retailers' technical requirements for copy and content
- Be familiar with multiple brands' creative guidelines, brand voices and personae, and legal/regulatory rules to create digital content that consistently communicates a brand’s story while also following ecomm best practices
- Write other digital content beyond e-retailer activations when needed, such as paid social, programmatic ads, MikMak, owned web content, promotional emails, and more.
- Create content that communicates a unique but consistent voice for a variety of personal care and household brands – from household laundry, pet care and dental care; to DIY crafts and baking staples; to beauty and hair care; to vitamins, health & supplements; to sexual health and fertility, and more.
- Be able to work independently, or collaborate with multi-functional teams on ecommerce, digital strategy, brand, copywriting, design, video, social, and external agencies to execute effective content
- Skillfully, efficiently, and tactfully review and provide feedback to others’ copy, video and design work when needed, and be able to efficiently and objectively review and proofread your own
Skills & Competencies:
- Flexibility and adaptability to changes in a project’s direction, objectives and due dates
- Ability to receive constructive creative feedback and adjust content to reflect spoken and unspoken direction by team stakeholders
- Strong collaboration, communication and leadership skills. Ability to build productive, influential, and trustworthy working relationships with fellow creators, clients, partners and cross-functional team members.
- An attention to detail when it comes to grammar, typos, misspellings, and all things proofreading.
- Demonstrated experience and enthusiasm for learning and utilizing new technology and digital platforms
- Strong understanding of the needs of multiple digital and ecomm platforms, and the ability to adapt your writing voice to fit any medium and audience.
- Effective under pressure and able to meet multiple tight deadlines.
- Energetic, optimistic, enthusiastic, strategic self-starter who’s comfortable adapting to changing situations and expectations.
- A creative person who’s always eager to go the extra mile, roll up their sleeves and get things done!
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- 5+ years relevant experience developing brand-level copy and messaging for digital and ecomm platforms at an agency or within an internal creative team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Advertising, Journalism, Public Relations, English, or a related field and/or equivalent experience
- Relevant creative experience working with consumer goods, personal care, and household brands is a plus
- Outstanding writing skills. You’re an exceptional storyteller with a compelling portfolio of examples demonstrating how you have embodied and built strong brands through content and copy.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More