A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong technical, consumer and collaboration skills needed to assist their supervisor in creating new, transformational consumer products under the Church & Dwight brands. The individual must embrace and leverage integrated design thinking, open innovation tools and our team of team culture in their daily scientific approach. The candidate must also demonstrate the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, collaborate and sometimes lead cross-functional R&D teams, and have strong communication and organizational skills.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities (Describe the 5-7 major accountabilities)
- With help from supervisor, execute transformational, technically complex R&D programs from conception through proof of principle. This includes collaborating with or leading technical cross-functional R&D teams when needed.
- Assist their supervisor in identifying and implementing new innovative ideas, methodologies, and technologies rooted in consumer needs.
- Identify and analyze emerging technology trends and collaborate with consumer experience team to conduct research studies to gain consumer insights.
- Works proactively within a multi-disciplinary, high-performance team environment.
- Prepares technical reports and presentations to communicate key findings to technical cross-functional or leadership teams.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge on technical developments in their field (technical literature, attending courses and conferences, peer contacts, etc.).
- Actively participates in at least one corporate technology platform.
Education and Experience
- The preferred candidate will have a BS degree from an accredited institution in Chemistry or related discipline and 2+ years of laboratory experience or MS in Chemistry or related discipline.
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of surfactant principles, materials science and experience in product design & development desirable.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and creativity to solve complex technical challenges.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently on multiple projects.
- Can guide/coach laboratory technicians.
- Strong collaborations skills and ability to thrive in a multi-disciplinary, high-performance team of teams environment.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage integrated design thinking & open innovation tools preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, presentation skills & consumer-focused individual preferred.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More