Human Resources Coordinator (12 month contract)
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Position: Human Resources Coordinator (12 month contract/ Hybrid)
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
This exciting opportunity can be yours if you enjoy administering HR Programs such as talent acquisition, new employee orientation, training and development, and a wide variety of employee relations opportunities including diversity & inclusion initiatives.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assist in the administration of Human Resources objectives and programs.
- Utilizing Workday/ HRIS Business system to facilitate the effective support of the recruitment process, while ensuring the recruitment process is followed by all Managers (Clients).
- Prepare job postings in accordance with job descriptions and other selection criteria.
- Pre-screen resumes to ensure applicants meet minimum job requirements.
- Prepare candidate and employment correspondence, including offers of employment and transfer letters as per standard processes.
- Prepare recruitment reports.
- Prepare interview packages, including behavioral based interview guides and act as a resource on the use of behavioral interviewing techniques for Hiring Managers and panel members.
- Work with Hiring Managers to coordinate and schedule interviews.
- Special project work related to recruitment.
- Update and maintain all HR documents and files.
- Advise managers and employees on the interpretation of personnel policies, compensation and benefit programs.
- Manage and maintain human resources information in the HRIS.
- Support the onboarding and offboarding process.
- Assist employees and respond to common inquiries from employees, agencies, or members of the business community.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Strong speaker with the ability to present to new hires, employees and to the management team on occasion.
Education and Experience
- Completed a Degree or diploma in Human Resources or equivalent combination of education and work experience in a progressive human resources environment.
- Working toward the Canadian Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation would be an asset.
- One (1) to three (3) years of previous experience supporting the recruitment function.
- Working knowledge of the Employment Standards and Human Rights Acts, current legislation, and human resources practices, procedures, and policies.
Skills and Competencies
- Motivated self-starter
- Exceptional negotiation, communication and influencing skills.
- Advanced computer skills and the ability to work with Microsoft Office Software including Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as HRIS database systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of behavior-based interview techniques.
- Knowledge of Workday software would be an asset.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills and the ability to quickly earn the trust of internal clients.
- Strong team player and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to achieve common goals.
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities and to execute with excellence in a fast-paced environment.
- Bilingual (French - English).
Church and Dwight Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a barrier-free, inclusive and accessible work environment. Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodation in respect of a legally protected characteristic in accordance with applicable human rights legislation. If you require accommodation on this basis, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please inform our Human Resources department if you require an accommodation in completing this application for employment or for otherwise participating in the application process.
Canada is more than its hulking-mountain, craggy-coast good looks: it also cooks extraordinary meals, rocks cool culture and unfurls wild, moose-spotting road trips.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More