Sr Fragrance Development Specialist
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Support the development, testing and delivery of high quality, cost effective, consumer delighting fragrances for the entire CHD, global portfolio. Where appropriate, this includes both the perceived and technical performance of the fragrances and requires an understanding of consumer’s habits and product usage. Work with PD and TTNPD to understand & guide the aesthetics development as well as identify new technologies. Act as technical liaison between partners (internal & external) to assist with issues during development. Maintain effective communication with both internal and external partners such as Product Development and the fragrance suppliers.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities (Describe the 5-7 major accountabilities)
- Assist/Co-Lead fragrance development for all CHD categories including but not limited to:
- Work with Product Development and Marketing to understand project parameters, desired consumer experience, technical issues, cost and timing in order to write briefs and recommend next steps/solutions
- Writing & executing briefs for new projects, base changes, feasibility studies, fragrance modifications, regulatory mandates
- Develop test plans for fragrance screening/selection as well as claims support
- Summarize the consumer/expert test results on projects & conduct debriefing with the suppliers
- Manage & facilitate technical problem solving/information exchange between suppliers & PD including formulations, stability issues, dosages, etc.
- Manage product and technology feasibility programs and assessments to support CHD upstream discovery activity
- Assist in coordinating other aspects of fragrance development– such as scheduling category reviews, base/product requirements; ensure suppliers are adhering to CHD & regulatory requirements. Includes ensuring submission requirements and PD needs are met during the development process.
- Responsible for fragrance evaluations including stability, submissions, reworks.
Education and Experience
- BS in Sciences from an accredited institution. Technical background and/or product development experience is required. 5+ years of experience in a technical fragrance development/evaluation/sensory role either with a supplier or a consumer package goods company.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More