Quality Engineer - VMS
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Sign on Bonus -- $1,500
What we’re about:
- Innovation-We consistently generate new ideas, thinking outside the box while remaining strategically focused. We always think in terms of possibilities, not limitations.
- Collaboration-We rely on open and honest communication to develop productive working relationships within and across our business units and functions. The mutual respect we have for our colleagues enables us to challenge each other, leading to an even more cohesive team.
- Focus-We maintain a laser-like focus on our consumers. We will grow by leveraging consumer insights on all of our brands and will continue to be industry leaders.
- Entrepreneurialism-We pride ourselves on fostering this spirit where risk-taking and action is encouraged. We are extremely competitive externally, but not internally.
This highly visible position located at our York, PA Facility.
What you’ll do:
This position will be responsible for the ongoing monitoring of product quality in the VMS (Vitamin and Mineral Supplement) production area, including auditing systems and procedures. Ensure product meets all required regulatory, Company and Bill of Material standards while maintaining maximum production efficiencies and minimal down time. Ensure that all proper documentation, including formulas, specifications and methodologies are in place.
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and safety awareness within their area of responsibility.
- Support all plant and department safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Responsible for knowing all regulatory, Company and Bill of Material standards for products manufactured in the VMS (Vitamin and Mineral Supplements) area.
- Working knowledge of all testing methods, operating lab equipment, instruments, department procedures and quality methodology.
- Adherence and execution of all quality procedures including the handling and control of non-conformances (out of specification material and / or product).
- Conduct statistical analysis of all test results to ensure manufacturing process capability in meeting product specifications; propose processes and specification changes as required.
- Provide general Quality Department support (audits, failure investigations, complaint investigations, new formula / product start-ups, compliance monitoring, etc.)
- Participate in development, maintenance and communication all applicable SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures), quality plans, validation plans, inspection plans and protocols for the operation.
- Maintain a smooth production operation by ensuring adherence to all operational methods, procedures, and processes.
- Maintain all housekeeping and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) requirements.
- Actively participate in all equipment and process validations, including IQ (Installation Qualification) / OQ (Operational Qualification) / PQ (Production Qualification).
- Analyze, interpret, trend and execute improvements based on key metrics.
- Incorporate principles of Lean Six Sigma to recommend new approaches for continuous improvement in areas such as efficiency, costs and services performed.
- Promote fair and consistent adherence to all Company and Plant policies and procedures.
- Cross functional communication with Operations and other functional areas to coordinate activities, communicate issues, etc.
- Drive all related CAPA (Corrective and Preventative Actions) through root cause analysis.
- Foster and maintain good employee relations through all the appropriate methods of communications and positive employee relations practices.
- Ensures all quality and food safety practices are followed at all times.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
What you’ll need:
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to build positive relationships at all levels both internal and external to the organization.
- Excellent communications skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media – verbal, written, etc.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills.
- Knowledge of Plant Quality Systems related to SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures), control plans, work instructions, project management, quality engineering and quality audit functions.
- Competence in Total Quality Systems (ISO-9000), CGMP and regulatory requirements (21 CFR 110, 111 and 210/211).
- Strong project management skills, ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong leadership abilities and skills as a team builder, coach and mentor.
- Thorough understanding of all corrective action / preventative action methodology.
- Solid critical thinking skills and ability to create new, innovative ways to address quality issues. Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite, MS Project and SAP).
- Knowledge of computerized applications of SPC (Statistical Process Control).
- Ability to interpret and analyze technical data and make appropriate recommendations as needed.
- Associate degree or bachelor’s degree in Quality, Chemical Engineering or related field preferred. 3-5 years previous quality engineering experience in a fast-paced regulated manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience in dietary supplements, CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods), food or pharmaceuticals industry a plus.
- Green or Black Belt certification a plus.
What we’ll offer:
- Competitive salary including annual bonus & Stock Incentive Program
- Comprehensive benefits package along with generous 401K
- Career ownership & development
- Diversity & Sustainability
Church & Dwight Co. Inc., a $3.5 billion company, was founded in 1846 and is headquartered in Ewing, New Jersey. We are one of the fastest growing Consumer Packaged Goods companies and as a testament to our performance, the company was added to the S&P 500 in 2016. Church & Dwight is a leader in the Household Consumer Products and Personal Care industry, with such brands as ARM & HAMMER, Trojan, First Response, Nair, Spinbrush, Oxi Clean, Vitafusion, Orajel, Batiste and more.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More