Human Resource Generalist
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Monday - Friday
Core Hours: 8:00am - 1:00pm
Must have flexibility to cover early morning and night shifts as needed.
Position Summary: Provides comprehensive support in all HR and administrative functions within department and for management staff. Also acts as a principal contact for all HR activity within the plant.
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safe culture and awareness within their area of responsibility. Support all plant safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Assists and ensures with compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity in all employment practices. Assist in compliance in the areas of EEO, AAP, OFCCP, and OSHA.
- Partner with department Manager / Supervisor to maintain needed staffing levels.
- Participates in recruitment efforts for open positions, including managing internal job bidding, requisition creation and point of contact with Talent Management.
- Point of contact for recruitment advertising.
- Maintain shift headcount tracker and assignments for hourly workforce.
- Track production employees shift preference sheets.
- Assist the post offer/new hire process and assist with the HR portion of new hire orientation.
- Provide backup support for all Time & Attendance.
- Assist with employee separations and conduct exit interviews.
- Facilitate employee relations investigations to include recommendations for corrective actions.
- Conducts all unemployment cases, hearings, and communication with vendor.
- Promote and support company programs and policies.
- Partner with management to model, shape and assess the organizational culture which will foster continuous improvement culture and achieve targeted business objectives.
- Foster and maintain good employee relations though the appropriate methods of communications and positive employee relations practices.
- Provide backup support for all leave programs (FMLA / STD / LTD / LOA).
- Assist in developing and implementing training on HR topics.
- Direct information of a critical/sensitive nature to the HRBP in a timely and appropriate manner so as to not jeopardize confidential information or timeliness of response.
- Assists other departments with Human Resources assistance, while maintaining a good working relationship.
- Assist with miscellaneous administrative tasks and perform other duties as assigned.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Familiarity of employment law and regulatory requirements on federal, state, and local level.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality in all situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational/time management skills, with astute attention to detail, able to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment.
- Solid critical thinking skills and ability to create new, innovative ways to handle the HR functions.
- Ability to effectively and professionally interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to consistently provide and sustain a high level of customer service.
- Ability to operate most office equipment.
- Proficient working knowledge of MS Office.
- HRIS software experience required (Workday preferred).
- Demonstrate ambiguity to change.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required, PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SPC preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years in a manufacturing environment required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More