A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Sign on Bonus $1,500
This position will provide plant controls engineering support in the design, assembly, integration, testing, troubleshooting and commissioning of PLC-based control systems.
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and awareness within area of responsibility.
- Support all plant safety policies and procedures. Assist with the design and modification of new and existing process control and instrumentation systems.
- Manage capital projects relating to automation and controls infrastructure, etc.
- Complete projects as assigned within defined scope, allocated costs, time commitments and expected outcome.
- Provide plant leadership for manufacturing and distribution in all technical and administrative aspects related to PLC’s, microprocessors, etc. Continually improve packaging and processing equipment controls logic for better efficiency and reduced waste.
- Assist in the identification and development of project justification and business recommendations for engineering proposals including providing input for capital planning process.
- Lead cross-functional teams, addressing technical challenges to achieve critical objectives. Assist plant Electricians, Maintenance Mechanics and Line Mechanics in all control based troubleshooting, improvement initiatives, preventative maintenance and testing and other plant maintenance activities.
- Understand business needs, risks and organizational dynamics as well as their implications based on developing alternate plans and choices.
- Understand processing automation for troubleshooting and improving cycle time throughput. Identify and support cost reduction and efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Develop and coordinate all technical training requirements for operations and maintenance personnel as related to instrumentation and controls. Support the plant in off-hours as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization Excellent communications skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media – verbal, written, etc. Excellent organizational/time management skills.
- Direct technical experience in the design, assembly, integration, testing, troubleshooting and commissioning of PLC-based control systems Proven knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC) and Underwriter Laboratories (UL) standards, Allen Bradley Controls, AC and motor controls, and process sensors of all types
- Capability to calibrate and test controls, verify instrumentation accuracy and effectiveness and perform routine maintenance on the plant-wide controls system Ability to interpret, red-line and prepare detailed control and instrumentation schematics, ladder logic diagrams, wiring schematics and PID’s/PFD’s. Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced, dynamic, production driven work environment.
- Solid critical thinking skills and ability to create new, innovative ways to handle situations with a strong bias towards
- Continuous Improvement fundamentals. Understanding of lean manufacturing principles including Six Sigma, 5S, TPS, etc. Strong computer skills (MS
- Office Suite, MS Project, CMMS and SAP).
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Maintenance Module and AutoCAD a plus.
- Ability to methodically collect and analyze data and make appropriate recommendations.
- Strong knowledge of production operation, including equipment, materials, work flow, etc.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent level of experience required. 5-7 years previous engineering experience in high volume, multiple SKU, fast-paced manufacturing environment. CPG and/or experience in a FDA-regulated manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must be shift flexible to work various hours and shifts as needed, especially during large projects, installations, etc.
- This can be in the form of on-site support, remote support and/or an on-call rotation as needed.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More