Engineer - Process Scale Up
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Will execute basic engineering work, under supervision, typically on one project at a time. May work with technicians in the pilot plant, organizing pilot trials and experiments; may team with other professionals. Must develop good relationships with other departments, plants, etc.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities (Describe the 5-7 major accountabilities)
- Process evaluation including mass and energy balances, flow diagrams, etc.
- Process feasibility including thermodynamics, bench testing, etc.
- Process development including pilot plant design, operation, data interpretation, and design for robustness
- Project support including vendor testing, equipment selection, writing of operating manuals and reports, etc.
- Startup support including process validation, cGMP implementation, tuning of control strategy, process safety assurance, etc.
- Plant support including testing of process changes, problem solving, etc.
- Preliminary economic evaluation
- Able to write Manufacturing SOPs and enter into Church & Dwight workflows and specification systems
Education and Experience
B.S. or M.S. degree in Engineering from an accredited institution, preferably Chemical Engineering with 2+ year’s relevant experience
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to develop, organize and prioritize tasks within assigned projects and work with supervisor to manage assigned projects
- Ability to manage large workload at times and to adapt to reprioritization as necessary in a rapidly changing environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Church and Dwight Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a barrier-free, inclusive and accessible work environment. Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodation in respect of a legally protected characteristic in accordance with applicable human rights legislation. If you require accommodation on this basis, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please inform our Human Resources department if you require an accommodation in completing this application for employment or for otherwise participating in the application process.
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More