Senior Product Development Research Chemist
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Reporting to APAC R&D Director
- Cross-function teams in APAC Global Markets Group (GMG)
- APAC Global Manufacturing Services (GMS) team
- Global Product Development group in R&D
- APAC Quality & Regulatory teams
- Contract Manufactures and Suppliers
Working on deliver the Personal & Health care product launches for chartered projects, cost saving (G2G) raw material qualification projects and co-manufacturing/supply chain supports in APAC region.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Execute product development/tech transfer from R&D Global Centers CHD within the defined costing model, launch requirements, and supply chain parameters
- Conduct formula design & optimization, and tech transfer to co-manufactures
- Collaborate with cross-functional team on consumer validation and clinical test
- Communicate project status/issues in a timely fashion to GMG/GMS/Global R&D team
- Understand the component interactions among formula ingredients and establishment of scientific rationale
- Implement applicable Corporate Quality Standards and ensure Good Lab Practice (GLP) in the laboratory, and compliance with EOHS requirements
- Manage daily lab operation and supervise lab technicians for lab work
Education and Experience
The successful candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in R&D department of FMCG industry. Product development experience in personal care, health care, fabric & home care will be a plus.
The candidate should have a minimum of a BS degree in Chemistry, Chemistry Engineering or related majors.
The candidate’s experience must clearly demonstrate background in the following areas:
- Experience in product development for new product launches and tech transfer
- Understanding and experience in working with external partners such as suppliers and co-manufacturers
- Coordination and completion of qualification programs of new products
- Developed skills in project management, multi-task management and experienced, cross-functional interactions
- SAP, computer skill and preferable with the experience in multi-national company
Skills and Competencies
- Passion for innovation and technology within the framework of new product development
- Strong learning and continuously improve spirit
- Good communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and collaborate across the organization
- Fluent English and basic computer skills
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More