MRO Improvement Specialist
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The MRO Improvement Specialist performs and supports the coordination of all Maintenance inventory control department activities to ensure effective and efficient preparation of data and materials. In this role, the MRO Specialist will monitor and control maintenance-critical spare parts (MRO: Maintenance, Repair, and Operations) to ensure the continuity and reliability of manufacturing, while applying Lean principles.
- Leads physical inventory work to include:
- Prepares monthly full inventory report for Accounting
- Maintains a physical inventory report to reduce downtime for “missing” but accounted for parts
- Generates periodic inventory forms, enters actual count data into SAP and generates final accuracy report
- Conducts cycle count as needed
- Receives Supply/Equipment requests from Maintenance on an as needed basis.
- Analyzes slow moving and overstock data and proposes solutions to management.
- Analyzes surplus/obsolete materials or equipment and initiates investment recovery process.
- Assists in determining which items should be deemed as regular stock and which are one-time purchases.
- Assists in the completion of necessary purchase documentation before and after placing order. This would include the creation of any new items in the SAP system.
- Monitors supplier performance regarding timelines and completeness of deliveries.
- Provide support to production Line Mechanics for line efficiency
- Creates purchase orders for service calls as needed.
- Maintains and adheres to department’s GMP’s, SOP’s and JSA’s
- Provide backup support to Toolroom Supervisor:
- Locating and purchasing parts from various vendors.
- Re-order and maintain stock levels for proper plant operation
- Support repairable parts program
- Provide recommendation for adjustment of stock levels for optimal quantities for plant operation
- Provide backup support to MRO Coordinator
- Receive, document and process inventory to stock room
- Ensures incoming orders are accurate
- Receive materials ordered for Maintenance actions
- Provide shipping duties to Maintenance dept. as needed
- Maintains a cleanliness and orderliness of stockroom.
- Ensures that all practices and procedures for maintaining quality in production are properly followed and implemented.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Effectively interacts in a professional manner with employees at all levels of the organization
- Computer literate, has used email as a tool and is able to perform internet searches
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint
- Software and other computer applications to support the maintenance function.
- SAP experience highly desired but not required
- Develop the knowledge of OSHA regulations, safety hazards, appropriate precautions, and PPE that is applicable for work in various departments.
- Able to provide and sustain a strong level of customer service to the organization
- Able to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Receive general orientation, job specific, and refresher training relative to the hazardous chemicals they may handle in the course of performing their jobs.
- Complies with all NJ laws and company policies/procedures while sampling, unloading, pre-weighing, transferring, and/or handling, hazardous chemicals.
Education and Experience:
College degree in business administration, purchasing, or related field, OR a high school diploma/ GED along with 5 years work experience in a function that handled parts inventory, purchasing, etc.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More