Cost Accountant - GMS
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
- Analysis of weekly Purchase Price Variance including determining cause, potential future impact, and resolution
- Facilitate the Book to Book Inventory Reconciliation Process including training GMS Planners, improving current template, and investigating reconciling items including consumption and receiving issues.
- Research of GRIR semi-monthly to clear offsetting items, identify over-accruals, and resolve aged GRs
- Prepare and analyze month-end closing reports including volumes, ODMCs, inventory levels, G2Gs, balance sheet reconciliations, and Reserves/Accruals.
- Run and analyze volumes used in quarterly forecasting process.
- Work on ad hoc projects to support the GMS department from a financial standpoint.
- Improve current reports to increase efficiency.
- Work with GMS team to reconcile quantity and price discrepancies, as well as other issues that may delay invoice payments.
- Perform material costing for Raw Materials, WIP, and Finished Goods validating that the cost is accurate through review of the BOM, PIR, and any available previous estimates.
BS in Accounting/Finance from an accredited institution
Strong analytical skills, ability to learn quickly, and technologically savvy.
Excellent Excel skills.
Preferred 4+ years’ experience in cost accounting/ financial accounting analysis role, in a multi-product, multi-plant, multi-warehouse environment.
Prefer experience with SAP or another ERP software.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More