A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Engineer will be executing basic engineering work and Pilot Plant support in the VMS and Personal Care areas. The Engineer will be working on cross-functional project teams in the development of new products or product/process improvements.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Design and execute benchtop and pilot experiments to provide technical support to projects. Collect and analyze data. Report results, draw conclusions and make data-based recommendations for next action steps.
- Support Pilot Plant operations, including but not limited to equipment operation and raw material inventory and testing.
- Design, develop and execute plant trials for new product introductions and restages, which ultimately lead to adoption in plant production/operations.
- Project support including vendor testing, equipment selection, writing of operating manuals and reports, specifications, etc.
- Process feasibility and evaluation using mass and energy balances, flow diagrams, thermodynamics. Able to analyze data statistically and graphically and make independent conclusions. Able to use six sigma DMAIC tools to define and solve problems.
- Work in a cGMP environment and follow good laboratory practices.
Education and Experience
B.S. or M.S. degree from an accredited institution in Chemical Engineering with 2+ year’s relevant experience
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to develop, organize and prioritize tasks within assigned projects and work with supervisor to manage assigned projects.
- Ability to manage large workload at times and to adapt to reprioritization as necessary in a rapidly changing environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Statistical programs). Able to be learn and be proficient in specification and SOP writing and implementation, and CISPro RM inventory system.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More