Sr. Research Chemist - Oral Care
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Provide technical expertise and lead the development and qualification/implementation of new oral care products; maintenance of current products.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities (Describe the 5-7 major accountabilities)
- Conduct product research and development from concept to launch, transfer technologies to pilot lab and manufacturing sites, and provide technical support for (1) production start-ups and new product launches, (2) existing brand maintenance and improvement, and (3) manufacturing operations to maintain quality and integrity of existing products.
- Conduct bench-top formula development of oral care products. Design and execute experiments. Collect and analyze stability data. Report results, draw conclusions and make data-based recommendations to management.
- Identify product concepts and technical approaches, demonstrate concept and technical feasibility, formulate detailed development plan, follow through the plan to meet objectives and commitments
- Design and execute experiments. Collect and analyze data. Report results, draw conclusions and make data-based recommendations to management.
- Analyze consumer feedback, identify and understand consumer needs and the gaps between consumer needs and existing products, prepare summary report and initiate/conduct follow-through tasks.
- Create, update, and maintain electronic product specifications. Assemble product Bundle Book/ Design History Files, and relevant documentation to support launch of new products.
- Adhere to and follow established procedures and policies for working in the laboratory designated for the development of FDA regulated products..
Education and Experience
The successful candidate will have a B.S. degree from an accredited institution in Chemistry/Chemical/Mechanical/Materials Engineering, Biochemistry or related disciplines, with 8+ years of laboratory experience, a M.S. with +5 years experience or, Ph.D with 3+ years experience. An Associate Degree with 15+ years of relevant work related experience is acceptable.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to develop, organize and prioritize tasks within assigned projects and work with supervisor to manage assigned projects.
- Ability to work on multiple, concurrent projects without manager oversight. Possess strong organizational, work planning, and problem-solving skills. Understand SBU business environment and make positively impactful decisions to project teams.
- Ability to manage large workload at times and to adapt to reprioritization as necessary in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment involving marketing, processing, packaging, analytical, safety and clinical regulatory, etc.
- Ability to supervise and mentor junior staff.
- Good oral and written skills
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More