Sr. Financial Analyst
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Reporting to the Brand Finance Manager, the Senior Financial Analyst will be a key member of the Finance team, providing financial guidance to the Marketing team by providing financial insights and facilitating key decisions related to revenue, profitability and return on investments. This position is ideal for the professional who is looking for an opportunity for career growth and wanting to add value to a fast-growing organization.
The successful candidate will:
- Prepare Brand P&Ls analyses (month, quarter, annual, Budget), identifying and reporting timely updates on key measures
- Analyze mix/volume, price, cost of goods, customer profitability and ROI to provide financial insights
- Present brand performance findings with Brand Managers during regularly scheduled reviews
- Draw conclusions from complex data and help make insightful financial decisions and recommendations with minimal guidance
- Develop and evaluate displays & prepacks for strategic vs. tactical purposes and impact on brand profitability; monitoring and managing display trends and costs
- Works with cross-functional teams including Marketing, Operations, Revenue Management, Supply Chain, Internal and External auditors and Accounting
- Leads in the preparation, analysis and monitoring of brand profitability of new product development, business analysis, cost savings, and marketing program investments, followed by actionable recommendations and execution plans based on the analyses
- Work closely with Brand Managers to ensure brand performance reporting and forecasting accuracy, to understand committed vs. non-committed funds
- Complete complex analytical work and special projects
- Key finance contact for brand group and functional groups on brand profitability and analysis
- Assessment and management of brand marketing spend
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Professional Accounting Designation – CPA an asset
- 3-5 years of experience in the CPG FP&A industry with demonstrated proficiency of managing a complex group of brands
- SAP and BPC experience is an asset
- Proficiency in Excel and MS Word
- Possess strong analytical skills with ability to present data in a meaningful way and make recommendations
- Show initiative and make impactful decisions with little to no supervision
- Think critically and recommend ideas for improvement of existing policies and practices
- Have proven problem solving skills and the ability to implement solutions
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Be able to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Have excellent communication (oral and written) skills
- Be able to prioritize and effectively manage varying deadlines
- Have strong attention to detail and deadline oriented
Church and Dwight Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a barrier-free, inclusive and accessible work environment. Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodation in respect of a legally protected characteristic in accordance with applicable human rights legislation. If you require accommodation on this basis, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please inform our Human Resources department if you require an accommodation in completing this application for employment or for otherwise participating in the application process.
Canada is more than its hulking-mountain, craggy-coast good looks: it also cooks extraordinary meals, rocks cool culture and unfurls wild, moose-spotting road trips.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More