Continuous Improvement Lean Manager
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Continuous Improvement Lean Manager - Days
What we’re about:
- Innovation-We consistently generate new
- ideas, thinking outside the box while remaining strategically focused. We always think in terms of possibilities, not limitations.
- Collaboration-We rely on open and honest communication to develop productive working relationships within and across our business units and functions. The mutual respect we have for our colleagues enables us to challenge each other, leading to an even more cohesive team.
- Focus-We maintain a laser-like focus on our consumers. We will grow by leveraging consumer insights on all of our brands and will continue to be industry leaders.
- Entrepreneurialism-We pride ourselves on fostering this spirit where risk-taking and action is encouraged. We are extremely competitive externally, but not internally.
This highly visible position located at our Victorville, CA Facility.
What you’ll do:
This position has overall responsibility for all facets of the production operation in a lean manufacturing and distribution environment – safety, quality, productivity, and housekeeping and effectively manages the employee workforce. Oversee the scheduling and managing of daily production shift activities. The Shift Supervisor is the principal link between all levels of management for the daily operation under their area of responsibility.
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and awareness within their area.
- Support and adhere to all plant safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Direct the production shift activities to meet scheduling and customer requirements.
- Coordinate staffing levels, materials, machines, methods and metrics (measurements) to ensure an effective operation.
- Train employees in safety, quality, productivity and the overall business operations as required. Foster employee culture of learning organization.
- Initiate all employee relations functions as necessary such as coaching, discipline, etc.
- Accountable for accurate and timely recording of employee attendance.
- Maintain a smooth production operation by ensuring adherence to all operational methods, procedures, and processes.
- Maintain all housekeeping requirements.
- Identify and champion opportunities for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Incorporate principles of lean manufacturing such as 5S, key TPS elements, etc.
- Promote fair and consistent adherence to all local and corporate policies and procedures.
- Communicate methods, changes, scheduling, etc. as appropriate and required cross-functionally throughout the organization.
- Foster and maintain good employee relations through all the appropriate methods of communications and positive employee relations practices.
- Manage all related technical systems, technologies, machines, and equipment as required.
- Participation in employee process from the hiring stage through termination.
- May be required to support Production overtime outside of assigned shift or on weekends as needed.
What you’ll need:
- Associate degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 to 5 years of previous supervisory experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Previous leadership experience leading a team
- Basic knowledge of production operations including equipment, material workflow etc.
- Strong computer skills (SAP and MS Office Suite)
- Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communications skills - ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media -verbal, written, etc.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills.
- Ability to work for long periods of time, under pressure, to produce results.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced, dynamic, production driven work environment. Calm under pressure with flexibility to direct work force and adapt to changing schedules as appropriate
- Strong leadership abilities and skills as a team leader, builder, coach, and mentor
What we’ll offer:
- Competitive salary including annual bonus & Stock Incentive Program
- Comprehensive benefits package along with generous 401K
- Career ownership & development
- Diversity & Sustainability
Drug Free Workplace:
All applicants who have received an offer of employment, as a condition of employment, are subject to our pre-employment drug testing process. The pre-employment testing procedure consists of dual testing methods: hair sample testing and a 10 panel urine sample test. Positive results will result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment immediately and the applicant will no longer be considered for employment. PLEASE NOTE: Medical Marijuana is not accepted as an exemption even where medical marijuana use is legal under state law, regulation or ordinance: testing positive for the presence of Marijuana or its metabolites will be considered a positive result and will result in withdrawal of the offer.
Church & Dwight Co. Inc., a $3.5 billion company, was founded in 1846 and is headquartered in Ewing, New Jersey. We are one of the fastest growing Consumer Packaged Goods companies and as a testament to our performance; the company was added to the S&P 500 in 2016. Church & Dwight is a leader in the Household Consumer Products and Personal Care industry, with such brands as ARM & HAMMER, Trojan, First Response, Nair, Spinbrush, Oxi Clean, Vitafusion, Orajel, Batiste and more.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More