Controls Engineer - Days
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Controls Engineer - Salary
This current wage range for this position is $88,600 to $133,000 annually
Monday - Friday
What we’re about:
- Innovation-We consistently generate new
- ideas, thinking outside the box while remaining strategically focused. We always think in terms of possibilities, not limitations.
- Collaboration-We rely on open and honest communication to develop productive working relationships within and across our business units and functions. The mutual respect we have for our colleagues enables us to challenge each other, leading to an even more cohesive team.
- Focus-We maintain a laser-like focus on our consumers. We will grow by leveraging consumer insights on all of our brands and will continue to be industry leaders.
- Entrepreneurialism-We pride ourselves on fostering this spirit where risk-taking and action is encouraged. We are extremely competitive externally, but not internally.
This highly visible position located at our Victorville, CA Facility.
What you’ll do:
This position will provide plant engineering support in the design, assembly, integration, testing, operation, troubleshooting and commissioning of PLC-based control systems.
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and awareness within their area.
- Support and adhere to all plant safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Assist with the design and modification of new and existing process control and instrumentation systems.
- Manage capital projects relating to automation and controls infrastructure, etc. Complete projects as assigned within defined scope, allocated costs, time commitments and expected outcome.
- Provide plant leadership for manufacturing and distribution in all technical and administrative aspects related to PLC's, microprocessors, automation, instrumentation, etc.
- Continually improve packaging equipment controls logic for better efficiency and reduced waste.
- Assist in the identification and development of project justification and business recommendations for engineering proposals including providing input for capital planning process.
- Lead cross-functional teams, addressing technical challenges to achieve critical objectives.
- Understand business needs, risks and organizational dynamics as well as their implications based on developing alternate plans and choices.
- Understand processing automation for troubleshooting and improving cycle time throughput.
- Identify and support cost reduction and efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Develop and coordinate all technical training requirements for operations and maintenance personnel as related to instrumentation and controls.
- Promote active leadership in the implementation of plant-wide lean manufacturing efforts and TPS, integrating lean manufacturing disciplines in the engineering department.
- Assist with quality software system for customized reports and data analysis.
- Support and recommend continuous improvements initiatives utilizing lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Promote fair and consistent adherence to all local and corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensure all quality and safety practices are followed at all times.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.
- 5-7 years previous engineering experience in high volume, multiple SKU, fast-paced manufacturing environment. CPG experience preferred.
- Flexibility to work various hours and shifts as needed, especially during large projects, installations, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills — ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communications skills — ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media — verbal, written, etc.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills.
- Direct technical experience in the design, assembly, integration, testing, troubleshooting and commissioning of PLC-based control systems
- Proven knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC) and Underwriter Laboratories (UL) standards, Allen Bradley Controls, AC and motor controls, and process sensors of all types
- Capability to calibrate and test controls, verify instrumentation accuracy and effectiveness and perform routine maintenance on the plant-wide controls system
- Ability to interpret, red-line and prepare detailed control and instrumentation schematics, ladder logic diagrams, wiring schematics and PID's/PFD' s.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced, dynamic, production driven work environment.
- Solid critical thinking skills and ability to create new, innovative ways to handle situations with a strong bias towards Continuous Improvement fundamentals.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing principles including Six Sigma, 5S, TPS, etc.
- Strong computer skills:
- Allen Bradley Software:
- RSLogix 5000/Studio 5000
- FactoryTalk View Studio
- RSLogix 500
- MS Office Suite, MS Project, CMMS and SAP.
- Working knowledge of SAP Maintenance Module, & AutoCAD, a plus
- Allen Bradley Software:
- Ability to methodically collect and analyze data and make appropriate recommendations, Wonderware and/or OSI-PI a plus.
- Strong knowledge of production operation, including equipment, materials, workflow, etc.
What we’ll offer:
- Competitive salary including annual bonus & Stock Incentive Program
- Comprehensive benefits package along with generous 401K
- Career ownership & development
- Diversity & Sustainability
Church & Dwight Co. Inc., a $3.5 billion company, was founded in 1846 and is headquartered in Ewing, New Jersey. We are one of the fastest growing Consumer Packaged Goods companies and as a testament to our performance; the company was added to the S&P 500 in 2016. Church & Dwight is a leader in the Household Consumer Products and Personal Care industry, with such brands as ARM & HAMMER, Trojan, First Response, Nair, Spinbrush, Oxi Clean, Vitafusion, Orajel, Batiste and more.
Drug Free Workplace:
All applicants who have received an offer of employment, as a condition of employment, are subject to our pre-employment drug testing process. The pre-employment testing procedure consists of a 7 panel urine sample test. Positive results will result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment immediately and the applicant will no longer be considered for employment.
PLEASE NOTE: Medical Marijuana is not accepted as an exemption even where medical marijuana use is legal under state law, regulation or ordinance: testing positive for the presence of Marijuana or its metabolites will be considered a positive result and will result in withdrawal of the offer.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
We mitigate supply chain issues and solve challenges in order to continue supporting and serving our corporate customers.Learn more
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More