Director-Strategy, M&A and Business Partnership
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President – Strategy, M&A and Business Partnership, this role will be a key part of the Strategy and M&A team with a focus on corporate strategy, transaction execution and business development. The role has high external orientation and offers the opportunity for enterprise-level impact and exposure to different parts of the business through a variety of internal and external strategy and M&A execution experiences. The Director will lead many facets of the Corporate Strategy and M&A process and interact with senior-level executives and advisors to develop recommendations. The ideal candidate will have transaction execution experience and have demonstrated ability to influence at the most senior levels of an organization.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Corporate Strategy and Strategic Planning
- Strategy Design: Lead and participate in the design and iteration of corporate strategy; drive the strategic planning process, acting as a trusted advisor to ELT and relevant stakeholders during strategy formulation, development, and execution
- Strategic Alignment: Collaborate with stakeholders across the business to ensure C&D’s departmental, brand, and regional strategies are aligned to advance the goals of the overall business
- Communication and Change Management: Support review and reporting of business strategy, strategic planning, and scenario planning with C&D board of directors, ELT, and stakeholders throughout the organization
Business Transformation Initiatives
- Program Leadership: Lead critical company growth and transformation initiatives (e.g. double eComm penetration; CRI initiatives), acting as an integrator across workstreams, functions, and teams with a key focus on value realization
- Program Definition: Collaborate with ELT to identify the most critical company growth and transformation initiatives and define program structure to ensure they are effectively managed to deliver intended results
- Execution Excellence: Act as a steward of transformation program best practices to help upskill and improve the organization’s effectiveness at managing large-scale programs, creating a culture of better decision making and agility
- Support Deal Flow: Play a key role in corporate acquisitions, joint ventures, and divestiture efforts, providing support throughout the deal lifecycle including identification, assessment, diligence, planning, and execution
- Venture and Direct Investment: Participate in and support direct investments, venture capital accelerators, and similar investment vehicles designed to enhance corporate development and inorganic growth efforts
- Preserve Institutional Knowledge: Facilitate knowledge transfer from the corporate development function, institutionalizing knowledge and decreasing key-person risk
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required and MBA preferred.
- Seven (7) plus years’ experience consulting, private equity, investment banking or corporate development experience preferred
Skills and Competencies
- Strong knowledge of Excel and financial modeling
- Strong knowledge of the application of finance and accounting concepts, including industry-standard valuation methodologies
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines
- Ability to conduct diligence meetings with internal and external parties
- Ability to communicate finance concepts effectively with non-financial peers/managers
- Intellectual curiosity and passion to deliver results
- Comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic environment, managing both internal and external resources
- Willingness to challenge assumptions and the status quo to help establish best practices and leading M&A capabilities as a team
- Sexual Harassment Avoidance
- Code of Conduct
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More