Financial Analyst III
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Provide financial guidance to internal and external sales organization by providing financial insights through P&L management & advanced business analytics that will facilitate key decisions related to profitable revenue growth and optimal return on investments.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Prepare/Analyze Actualized Customer P&Ls (quarter, annual, LRP), and identify timely updates on key measures/drivers with insights for customer profitability improvement and optimal return on investment
- Conduct Monthly Business Reviews meetings with cross-functional teams to discuss sales volume consensus, shipment vs. consumption analysis on key strategic brands, trade projections coupled with assessment of customer check book position to ensure effective trade fund management
- Complete complex analytical work and special projects supporting Director or Managers with in the Sales Finance Group or cross functional constituents i.e. Customer Segmentation Modeling/Analysis through prescriptive and predictive analytics
- Analyze and publish quarterly scorecard measuring Trade effectiveness for key brands and customers through event level Post Promotion Analytics with recommendations to drive optimal use of trade funds for increased ROI
- Prepare Quarterly Results and Annual Forecast (Quarterly PPRs) through the Quarterly Business Review Process for Director Sales Finance & Executive Leadership Team on the US Domestic Business focused on Gross Sales, Total Investment (Trade/Slotting/Brokerage), Key Strategic Customers Profitability performance & Merchandising Insights tied to Quarterly KPI metrics
- Support Trade Funds Allocation model for Annual Customer Trade Investment in accordance with Annual Operation Plan (AOP) for Gross Sales, Profitability, Trade and Slotting quota targets
- Work closely with Director Sales Finance and Sales Planning to establish annual Customer Profitability Index targets for US Domestic Field Sales organization as a component of their annual incentive bonus plan in accordance with AOP Gross Margin/Profit target
- Work closely with cross-functional groups I.e. Sales, Supply Chain, Corporate & Brand Finance, Internal Audit and IT on key Company initiatives
Education and Experience
- BS degree from an accredited institution in Finance or Business Intelligence/Analytics (MBA preferred).
- 4+ years of experience in the agricultural, chemical, or adjacent industry with demonstrated proficiency of diagnosing P&L issues, performing advance analytics leveraging various data streams and interaction with a diversified customer base.
- Knowledge of SAP, Oracle-TPM Systems, Hierarchal Database, Nielsen/IRI and Marketing Intelligence Data exposure are preferred.
- Ability to travel (<10%)
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More