Project Manager - R&D
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Project Manager has primary responsibility of leading multi-functional teams to successfully execute projects of various complexity by defining, planning, tracking and managing the key project deliverables. He/she is responsible for identifying key resources and providing the direction required for meeting the project objectives.
He/She will also be responsible for Portfolio Management working closely with the Senior Project Manager, ensuring the portfolio is updated and leading Portfolio Review/Prioritization meetings within R&D to review new projects and drive prioritization discussions as needed.
He/She will also be responsible for working with the PMO Group Leader/Senior Project Manager to help support/facilitate PMO process/systems improvements.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities (Describe the 5-7 major accountabilities)
- Manage a portfolio of projects understanding not only the intricacies of each project but how they interact and where synergies lie.
- Utilize PM tools to ensure appropriate key project documentation is prepared throughout project lifecycle (charters, business case, work orders, design input/output form, financial templates, etc.)
- Utilize the PM tools to prepare, track, and report on the project plan/status – get management approval
- Create timelines for each project and drive deliverables to due dates to meet ship timing
- Identify project resource needs & work with PM leadership to ensure projects are properly supported
- Lead weekly multi-functional team meetings to address issues, discuss status updates and action items -clearly communicate agenda, action items and status of projects
- Work with multi-functional team to analyze risk and identify contingency plans. Review contingency plans with PM leadership
- Involve functional expertise in design reviews and key decisions. Pull together the right information to help drive key project decisions
- Identify and raise potential conflicts within the project. Report issues to PM leadership to help resolve and remove barriers
- Manage changes to preserve business plan commitments. Initiate management reviews if objectives must change
- Ensure all team members understand their roles and accept their responsibilities
- Conduct Lessons Learned and report out key findings. Apply key learnings to management of future projects
- Keep manager and all stakeholders informed of progress and issues.
- Provide input to help continuously improve the effectiveness of the PMO.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS Degree (science preferred, but not required) from an accredited institution
- 8+ years CPG industry experience (preferably R&D, Operations or Engineering) within project management
- OTC or regulated product categories experience plus.
- PMP certified preferred but not required
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent computer skills (PowerPoint, Excel Spreadsheets, Word, etc)
- Experience successfully handling a portfolio of projects
- Experience leading multi-functional team in a matrix organization
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with experience presenting to Sr. Management.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Critical thinking and decision making skills
- Project Management skills (MS Project, Gantt charts, cross-functional leadership).
- Familiarity with a Stage and Gate product development process preferred.
- Experience with FDA regulated products preferred or cGMP
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More