Mechanic - Afternoons
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
VMS – MECHANIC - Afternoons
Monday -- Friday 1:30pm -- 10:00pm
Starting Pay Rate - $32.50/hour
Sign on Bonus -- $1,500
What we’re about:
- Innovation-We consistently generate new ideas, thinking outside the box while remaining strategically focused. We always think in terms of possibilities, not limitations.
- Collaboration-We rely on open and honest communication to develop productive working relationships within and across our business units and functions. The mutual respect we have for our colleagues enables us to challenge each other, leading to an even more cohesive team.
- Focus-We maintain a laser-like focus on our consumers. We will grow by leveraging consumer insights on all of our brands and will continue to be industry leaders.
- Entrepreneurialism-We pride ourselves on fostering this spirit where risk-taking and action is encouraged. We are extremely competitive externally, but not internally.
This highly visible position located at our York, PA Facility.
What you’ll do:
This position will be responsible for all production line, equipment and facilities maintenance initiatives in a fast paced, high volume manufacturing and distribution facility.
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and awareness within their area.
- Support and adhere to all plant safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Perform troubleshooting, facility, equipment and production line repairs, shop fabrication, pipe fitting (PVC and stainless) and machine set-up in support of high speed production lines.
- Perform all maintenance activities such as predictive and preventative maintenance, work orders and improvement projects via the CMMS system.
- Coordinate and perform all maintenance activities (PM, work orders, improvement projects, etc.) to effectively balance maintenance and production needs.
- Perform technical work while running production lines in pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical areas.
- Maintain packaging and processing equipment including machine adjustments, repairs, lubrication, etc. in support of Line Mechanics and Technical Line Operators.
- Root cause analysis to troubleshoot and eliminate primary causes of downtime, etc. to improve OEE (overall equipment effectiveness).
- Facilities maintenance including maintenance and repair of all building and ground support systems.
- Active participation in training and certification program as needed in technical aspects of machinery to include set-ups, changeovers, troubleshooting, etc.
- Ensures all quality and food safety practices are followed at all times in support of the VMS (vitamin and mineral supplement) business.
- All other related duties as required and assigned.
What you’ll need:
- High school diploma or GED required 3-5 years proven maintenance mechanic experience in a fast-paced lean manufacturing environment preferred; CPG (consumer packaged goods) industry a plus Strong mechanical aptitude including knowledge of three phases electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and PLC controls, shop math skills and strong troubleshooting ability required Strong computer skills required; previous experience with SAP or CMMS preferred.
What we’ll offer:
- Competitive salary including annual bonus & Stock Incentive Program
- Comprehensive benefits package along with generous 401K
- Career ownership & development
- Diversity & Sustainability
Church & Dwight Co. Inc., a $3.5 billion company, was founded in 1846 and is headquartered in Ewing, New Jersey. We are one of the fastest growing Consumer Packaged Goods companies and as a testament to our performance; the company was added to the S&P 500 in 2016. Church & Dwight is a leader in the Household Consumer Products and Personal Care industry, with such brands as ARM & HAMMER, Trojan, First Response, Nair, Spinbrush, Oxi Clean, Vitafusion, Orajel, Batiste and more.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More