Distribution Coordinator – Afternoons
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Position: Distribution Coordinator – Afternoons
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for overseeing the daily, overall administration of operations for our busy afternoon shift, and provide administrative and leadership support to our shift supervisor, and warehouse team.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide a back-up role for the afternoon shift supervisor during absences
- Meet productivity targets and work to reduce errors
- Identify priorities and react
- Schedules inbound loads and enters them into the system
- Communicate to the proper parties when inbound does not make appointments as scheduled
- Communicate to the proper parties when outbound loads do not pick up as appointments are scheduled.
- Assists with coordinating outbound shipments
- Compile all shipping and receiving documentation
- Action any orders in a quick and efficient manner to ensure the delivery of world class, best practice delivery and receipt of product to the client
- Ensure Customer orders are shipped with accurate and sufficient documentation
- Interface with Transportation and Customer Service in the U.S. when questions/problems arise
- Process all orders to ship, both LTL, Backhaul, and TL
- Assign relevant door, to all inbound outbound arrivals.
- Check all seals and documentation on all Inbound loads
- Provide support to the afternoon Supervisor regarding prioritizing workloads, printing rush last minute new/change orders, and confirm through Customer Service and Transportation
- Assist Supervisor with assigning tasks when workload volume is heavy
- Answer any internal/external distribution queries in a friendly, timely, and obliging manner
- Answer all phone and email enquiries as soon as is practical and action any requests promptly
- Ensure all data entry and inventory transactions are 100% accurate and all data is inputted as it is presented
- All data input must be completed daily
- All orders are processed accurately and efficiently and all statistical data is captured
- Continuous improvements, regularly review and update administration procedures to maintain best practices
- Maintain administration duties daily so that there is no backlog of work
- Ensure office work area is kept clean and tidy
- Solve or escalate any problems or issues that arise and ensure customer needs are met
- Properly maintain all shipping and receiving records and documents
- Use and Monitor WMS (Warehouse Management Software) of all inbound and outbound orders and loads
- Immediately alert supervisors of any issues that arise with shipping and receiving
- Other duties as assigned by Management
Education and Experience
- Highschool diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience with/proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook specifically)
- Experienced with Web Based Programs
- At least 5 years relevant warehouse experience
- Customer Service motivated
Skills and Competencies
- Possesses strong organizational skills
- Is detail oriented and capable of multi-tasking
- Works well with others
- Exhibits strong communication skills essential for working with Carriers and other team members, including management.
- Capable of managing time effectively and with little to no supervision
- Demonstrates knowledge of WMS (Warehouse Management System) (SWISS LOG and SAP an asset but not required)
- Adhere to company Health & Safety policies.
- Ability to understand and function well in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of prioritizing tasks with a sense of urgency on time sensitive matters / issues.
- Ability to take direction from multiple sources
Church and Dwight Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a barrier-free, inclusive and accessible work environment. Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodation in respect of a legally protected characteristic in accordance with applicable human rights legislation. If you require accommodation on this basis, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please inform our Human Resources department if you require an accommodation in completing this application for employment or for otherwise participating in the application process.
Canada is more than its hulking-mountain, craggy-coast good looks: it also cooks extraordinary meals, rocks cool culture and unfurls wild, moose-spotting road trips.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More