A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Must have mechanical experience to perform PM and repairs on equipment:Utilities and Infrastructure
Maintain water distribution systems: City, well, DI, hot and cold process
Maintain process waste and sanitary sewer system
Maintain the steam distribution system
Maintain the compressed air distribution system
Maintain and rebuild pumps
Maintain the fire protection systems
Proactively inspect building conditions and identify and correct safety issues or concerns
Boiler Room Operation
Make periodic checks on the boiler for any problems or leaks
Make necessary repairs on the boiler system
Plant heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems (HVAC)
Maintain and repair HVAC systems (troubleshooting a plus)
Repair the HVAC systems
Maintain the absorption chiller, cooling tower and chilled water system
Must have some basic electrical system knowledge: Motor control, motors
Perform other duties as assigned
Participates in all job-related safety training and personally complies with all safety policies and procedures. Will receive general orientation, job specific, and refresher training relative to the hazardous chemicals Will comply with all NJ laws and company policies/procedures while sampling, unloading, pre-weighing, transferring, and/or handling, hazardous chemicals.
Other desired skills (one or more)
Black seal boiler operator license or ability to get one required. Rigging Principles: Equipment Removal and Installation Industrial Plumbing: Fabrication and repair Process Equipment Operating knowledge and repair
Maintain and repair mills and pumps
Maintain and repair dust collection equipment
Maintain and repair the bulk powder and liquid feed systems
Maintain the upkeep of facility construction equipment and vehicles
Check tools, equipment and vehicle safety features
Basic Industrial Machining, Welding and Fabrication a definite plus Fabricate parts by machining, welding and assembly Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings in order to determine methods and sequences needed to create products with the correct dimensions and tolerances Create machining and fabrication drawings from clean sheet and/or new or old parts
Knowledge, skills and ability:
- A vocational/high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum five (5) years as an industrial mechanic in a manufacturing facility. Additional trade school or continuing educational units in the multi skilled mechanic field a plus.
- Must be able to read and write in English
- Must be very skilled in the operation of a forklift
- General PC Knowledge: Email, MS Office
- Must be able to work in group and by himself
- Must be able to work in high temperatures (room gets very hot in summertime)
- Knowledge to troubleshoot causes of operating problems and decide the best course of action to fix.
- Must possess mathematical and mechanical ability.
- Ability to read pneumatic schematics.
- Must have ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks efficiently.
- Must have good teamwork and communication skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Communicate effectively with production and maintenance shop for effective planning to minimize downtime.
- Must have working knowledge of lockout/tagout procedures, NFPA rules
- Experience in working in GMP/FDA environment.
- Basic computer skills desirable (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Capable of following all plant safety, GMP and SOP regulations.
- Job will require lifting, working from ladders, scaffolds and roofs in order to install, maintain or repair production and facility equipment.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More