Finance Manager P&A Consolidations
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Job Title: Finance Manager – P&A Consolidations
Reports To: Head of Finance
The Finance Manager – P&A Consolidations is a key financial advisor and enterprise level business partner within the finance team. This individual will work closely with the Canada Executive team and local functional finance partners to guide best practices in business performance management and lead key financial planning processes. This role is actively involved in leading the month end, forecast, and annual planning cycles, driving clarity on underlying drivers impacting operating results and developing key performance indicators to monitor performance. Operates as a thought leader in the design of financial processes and tools to ensure quality, accuracy, and efficiency of reported results across the organization. Acts as the primary point of contact for International FP&A team working in close partnership to drive efficiency and effectiveness of corporate reporting processes. This role will manage 1 direct report.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Business Performance Management
- Advance business performance management practices and structure across CHD Canada organization
- Drive greater visibility into business drivers and develop key performance indicators to effectively monitor results and highlight deviations from expectations
- Identify problem areas or areas of opportunities to mitigate risks and improve financial performance
- Lead financial R&O process ensuring all major items are appropriately captured and communicated
- Attend key commercial meetings to be informed on business drivers and ensure corporate business performance objectives and goals are aligned to decisions being made in the business
- Business lead in developing 18 month forecast capability working in partnership with Corporate P&A
- Evaluate portfolio performance across brand and customer to drive strategy and enterprise focus
- Key support for evaluation of new business opportunities and acquisitions
Management Reporting and Analysis
- Responsible for all aspects and consolidation of the annual plan and monthly forecasts
- Lead the monthly management reporting process and presentation of financial results to executive team and other key stakeholders.
- Develop value add capabilities to enhance reporting and insights into performance drivers including Volume, Mix, Pricing, etc.
- Consolidate and perform variance analyses on results, budgets, and quarterly forecasts on behalf of the Division and communicate to senior management and International
- Streamline reporting requirements between International and CHD Canada organization to drive efficiency and improve flow of communication
- Analyze actual results and forecast working closely with key stakeholders to drive transparency and insights into variances from Plan, Prior Year and Prior forecast via standardized management reporting.
- Work in close partnership with Controllership team to coordinate month-end close process ensuring completeness and accuracy
Business Planning - Budgeting/Forecasting
- Overall lead for the development and execution of monthly/quarterly/annual financial planning processes across the organization and functions
- Lead functional finance meetings to review forecast outcomes and identify drivers of change
- Lead annual planning process managing timelines, deliverables, and presentation of results to Executive and International leadership teams.
- Responsible for forecasting activities and analysis to ensure the Finance department provides business partner support and guidance to all levels of the organization in efforts to optimize the company’s profitability.
- Conducts insightful analysis and evaluation across all lines of the P&L. Identifies and investigates variances to ensure accuracy and awareness of underlying business drivers.
Process Improvement & Compliance:
- Business lead for ERP implementation projects (Oracle) and on-going enhancements to meet evolving business needs
- Identifies, scopes, and completes special projects that simplify processes and improves ways of working across Finance and broader CHD organization
- Drives standardization and automation of reporting across teams/functions
- Liaises with International and Corporate P&A finance organizations to share best practices and drive continuous improvement
- Ensures appropriate Internal Controls are in place and functioning effectively as they impact the accuracy of Financial Reporting
Education and Experience
- 5 years of financial forecasting/planning experience with demonstrated proficiency of managing a budget process
- 5 years of experience in the CPG or adjacent industry
- Possess a finance designation (or MBA)
- Experience in a management level role with staff supervision responsibility an asset
- Knowledge of BPC, Oracle, SAP, Thor and experience working in a GDW environment are a plus
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work with complex concepts, analyze data, draw conclusions, make recommendations while using judgment, experience, and industry knowledge
- Technical expertise in financial analysis and data collection
- Systems savvy able to enhance application of current infrastructure and navigate new system integration
- Experience in setting up new processes to reduce complexity
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures and forecasting practices
- Proven leadership abilities
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
- Excellent inter-personal skills, ability to build business partnerships, strong communication skills
- Strong excel and financial modelling skills
Church and Dwight Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a barrier-free, inclusive and accessible work environment. Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodation in respect of a legally protected characteristic in accordance with applicable human rights legislation. If you require accommodation on this basis, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please inform our Human Resources department if you require an accommodation in completing this application for employment or for otherwise participating in the application process.
Canada is more than its hulking-mountain, craggy-coast good looks: it also cooks extraordinary meals, rocks cool culture and unfurls wild, moose-spotting road trips.Explore this location
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More