Sr. Financial Analyst
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Senior Financial Analyst will play a key role in the financial reporting cycle. This position is ideal for the professional who is looking for an opportunity for career growth and wanting to add value to a fast growing organization.
The successful candidate will:
- Responsible for cash flow projections, USD requirements and Hedge requirements
- Accountable for management of hedge transactions including hedge accounting and assessing impact on exchange rates and purchase price variances
- Support working capital management (DSO, DIO, DPO, CCC), reporting and scorecard
- Responsible for receivables management including cash flow and DSO forecasting and analysis, credit reference reviews and credit limit recommendations, customer payments terms compliance and customer improvement recommendations
- Lead completion of annual corporate income tax reporting, quarterly provisions and audit requirements with third party partner
- Manage commodity taxes including remittances and reporting, implementation of requirements, monitoring new tax regulations and ensuring timely and accurate masterdata set up
- Contract management including royalty agreements, insurance and leases, risk assessment, accounting, forecasting and periodic payments
- Support and develop accounts receivable team in a cross functional environment, liaise with Sales and Sales Finance teams
- Analyze and reconcile various general ledger accounts
- Participate in SOX documentation and process reviews
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and government agencies. Respond to inquiries, information and reports.
- Lead and participate in process improvement initiatives to simplify and improve efficiencies
- Make recommendations on improving policies and procedures as well as implement changes
- Support month end process through accruals, journal entries, analysis and reporting
- Document standard operating procedures
- Performs other projects and related duties as required
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Professional Accounting Designation – CPA
- Familiar with US GAAP and/or IFRS
- Strong analytical skills with ability to present data in a meaningful way and make recommendations
- Proven ability to lead and influence in a cross-functional team environment
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and analyzing account reconciliations
- Ability to think critically and recommend ideas for improvement of existing policies and practices
- Proven problem solving skills and the ability to implement solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- SAP, BPC and Oracle experience is an asset
- Proficiency in Excel and MS Office
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage varying deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and deadline oriented
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
Canada is more than its hulking-mountain, craggy-coast good looks: it also cooks extraordinary meals, rocks cool culture and unfurls wild, moose-spotting road trips.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More