Sr. Financial Analyst
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Senior Financial Analyst – Sales
Reporting to the Finance Manager, Sales & E-commerce, the Senior Financial Analyst – Sales will be a key member for both the Finance and Sales teams. The role requires an individual who can provide financial guidance and insights to his/her customer teams by providing strong analytics, insights, and recommendations. The ideal candidate will possess strong Business Partnership skills to help drive business decisions that result in sustainable revenue, margin, and profit growth. This position is ideal for a Finance professional who is looking for an opportunity for career growth and a desire to add value to a fast-growing organization.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Act as the business financial expert to drive financial insights through effective communication and partnership.
- Work with cross-functional teams including Sales, Revenue Management, and Accounting.
- Lead and analyze the customer P&L to monitor performance and guide business decisions.
- Provide support in Gross to Net Sales reporting and forecasting (month, quarter, annual, budget)
- Evaluate working/non-working spend and optimization.
- Provide financial insights related to volume/mix and rate variances to drive Customer Profitability and margin.
- Understand financial drivers to maximize gross margin.
- Develop and maintain analytical tools, modeling, and processes to support a deeper level of analysis to achieve targeted financial results.
- Lead the business on ad hoc analysis (e.g.: JBP, PVA, promotion spend) to support sound business investment decisions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Finance, or Accounting or CPA Accounting designation.
- 3-5 years of business experience in the Consumer-Packaged Goods industry.
- Strong financial & commercial acumen.
- Experience with Oracle and SAP is an asset.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to effectively analyze and present data to make recommendations.
- Initiative to make impactful decisions with little to no supervision.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and deadline-oriented.
- Analytical proficiency, business judgment, modeling, and problem-solving skills.
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities/stakeholders.
Church and Dwight Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a barrier-free, inclusive and accessible work environment. Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodation in respect of a legally protected characteristic in accordance with applicable human rights legislation. If you require accommodation on this basis, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please inform our Human Resources department if you require an accommodation in completing this application for employment or for otherwise participating in the application process.
Canada is more than its hulking-mountain, craggy-coast good looks: it also cooks extraordinary meals, rocks cool culture and unfurls wild, moose-spotting road trips.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation for accessibility to the online application system, the interview process, completing any pre-employment testing, or any other portion of application process, as a result of impairment from a medical or mental health condition, they may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More