Sr. Financial Analyst
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, P&A Consolidations, the Senior Financial Analyst will be a key member of the Finance team, providing analysis and insights relating to the overall Canadian P&L for management and corporate reporting. This role will support the development of business performance practices and capabilities to guide the organization in delivering goals and objectives. This position is ideal for the professional who is looking for an opportunity for career growth and wanting to add value to a fast-growing organization.
The successful candidate will:
- Consolidate the Canadian monthly forecasts and annual plan
- Prepare required schedules for monthly/quarterly/annual management and corporate reporting
- Analyze and identify key business drivers, trends and performance indicators including Volume, Mix, Pricing etc.
- Participate in functional finance meetings to review forecast outcomes and identify drivers of change
- Conducts insightful analysis and evaluation across all lines of the P&L. Identifies and investigates variances to ensure accuracy and awareness of underlying business drivers
- Direct execution of the annual planning process, coordinating timelines and deliverables and providing supporting analysis of results and submissions
- Communicate consolidated Canadian financial results and insights to senior management and corporate head office
- Lead the development and maintenance of financial models, including sensitivity analysis to support overall business objectives
- Prepare business review presentations for senior management
- Participate in the Oracle EPM financial planning system implementation project and become an Oracle EPM Subject Matter Expert (SME) to support the organization
- Liaise with the Canadian and Corporate Finance teams and other internal business partners
- Drive internal process improvements; continually identifying opportunities for standardization and simplification
- Document standard operating procedures
- Other ad hoc projects and tasks as required
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Professional Accounting Designation – CPA
- Knowledge of US GAAP and/or IFRS is an asset
- Experience in a Consumer Packaged Goods environment
- Strong analytical skills with ability to present data in a meaningful way and make recommendations
- Exposure in presenting to senior management
- Ability to think critically and recommend ideas for improvement of existing policies and practices
- Proven problem solving skills and the ability to implement solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage varying deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and deadline oriented
- SAP, BPC and Oracle experience is an asset
- Proficiency in Excel and MS Word
Church and Dwight Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a barrier-free, inclusive and accessible work environment. Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodation in respect of a legally protected characteristic in accordance with applicable human rights legislation. If you require accommodation on this basis, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please inform our Human Resources department if you require an accommodation in completing this application for employment or for otherwise participating in the application process.
Canada is more than its hulking-mountain, craggy-coast good looks: it also cooks extraordinary meals, rocks cool culture and unfurls wild, moose-spotting road trips.Explore this location
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More