Fragrance Development Evaluator/Specialist
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Must be passionate about fragrance and what drives the consumer in order to elevate the overall consumer experience through fragrance. Support the development, testing and delivery of high quality, cost effective, consumer delighting fragrances for the entire CHD, global portfolio. Where appropriate, this includes both the perceived and technical performance of the fragrances and requires an understanding of consumer’s habits and product usage. Work with PD and TTNPD to understand & guide the aesthetics development as well as identify new technologies. Act as technical liaison between partners (internal & external) to assist with issues during development. Maintain effective communication with both internal and external partners such as Product Development and the fragrance suppliers.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities (Describe the 5-7 major accountabilities)
- Assist/Co-Lead fragrance development for all CHD categories including but not limited to:
- Work with Product Development and Marketing to understand project parameters, desired consumer experience, technical issues, cost and timing in order to write briefs and recommend next steps/solutions
- Writing & executing briefs for new projects, base changes, feasibility studies, flavor modifications, regulatory mandates
- Develop test plans for fragrance screening/selection as well as claims support
- Summarize the consumer/expert test results on projects & conduct debriefing with the suppliers
- Manage & facilitate technical problem solving/information exchange between suppliers & PD including formulations, stability issues, dosages, etc.
- Assist in coordinating other aspects of fragrance development– such as scheduling category reviews, base/product requirements, ensure suppliers are adhering to CHD & regulatory requirements
- Manage the blind submission program including submission requirements as well as ensuring PD & processing needs are met during the development process.
- Responsible for all fragrance evaluations including stability, submissions, reworks. Includes maintaining stability database.
- Liaison with houses on fragrance technologies to support CHD upstream discovery activity
Education and Experience
- BS in Sciences from an accredited institution (can also include Social Sciences) 1-3 years of experience in a technical fragrance development/evaluation/sensory role either with a supplier or a consumer package goods company. Technical background and/or product development experience is required.
- Olfactive Acuity :Will be tested and verified through an olfactive assessment test
COVID VACCINE REQUIREMENT*: To support the health and safety of our team members, successful candidates for employment in this role must (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and to have submitted proof of vaccination status, or (2) request and receive an approved accommodation based on medical circumstances or sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances.
*Only applicable for Corporate positions based in Princeton, NJ and Ewing, NJ
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More