A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
This position is responsible for all quality systems and product quality in the manufacturing facility. This includes, but is not limited to, products manufactured at the plant, as well as those purchased for repackaging. This position manages the VMS: Quality Control Lab, Production Quality Control, Quality Assurance and other related quality functions required to ensure that the Quality Management System (QMS) is both efficient and effective. The Cat/LLD Quality Manager reports into this position to ensure the facility’s Quality Systems are aligned and the processes are standardized where applicable. This position is responsible for implementing Corporate quality initiatives at the plant level by working with local plant management and directing quality improvement programs.
This position reports to the U.S. Plant Quality Head, with a dotted line to the Site Manager. On-site plant management is responsible for day-to-day duties and responsibilities.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and safety awareness within their area of responsibility. Support all plant safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Provide quality leadership in support of all Corporate and Plant quality programs, including production and distribution of quality products, continuous improvement initiatives, compliance with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and all regulatory and legal requirements.
- Provide leadership to the Cat/LLD Quality Management System managing the Quality Manager to ensure the quality system and metrics are consistent throughout the plant where applicable.
- Work with Operations Management to ensure manufacturing systems are in control and are capable of meeting defined specifications.
- Organize and plan Quality Department priorities to include defect prevention activities. Drive all CAPA (Corrective and Preventative Action) through root cause analysis. Advise Plant Management Team on quality trends within the process and recommend appropriate corrective action when necessary. Communicate and promote cross-functional awareness and resolution of quality issues.
- Coordinate third party and internal quality system audits to fully document compliance to applicable regulations.
- Direct supervision of all Quality Department employees. Participate in hiring process to identify and select qualified personnel.
- Maintain a competent staff through training, development, motivation and performance management. Creation and execution of annual CSD’s (Critical Success Drivers – goals and objectives) and performance feedback sessions.
- Develop and manage annual department budget.
- Interact with Corporate Brand Teams and R & D (Research and Development) groups on new products, product improvements and coordinating plant trials. Interact with retail customers as needed.
- Develop, maintain and communicate all applicable SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Incorporate principles of Lean Six Sigma to recommend new approaches for continuous improvement in areas such as efficiency, costs and services performed.
- Promote fair and consistent adherence to all Company and Plant policies and procedures.
- Foster and maintain good employee relations through all the appropriate methods of communications and positive employee relations practices.
- Ensures all quality and food safety practices are followed at all times.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Interacting with Corporate Brand Teams and R&D groups on new products, product improvements, and coordination of R&D test trials.
- Applying Lean Six Sigma processes to achieve cost savings targets for the plant.
- Interacting with retail customers to meet their requirements.
- Developing and maintaining key quality performance indicators.
- Performing other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quality, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Business Management/Industrial Engineering or related field required.
- 7-10 years previous quality management experience in a fast-paced regulated manufacturing environment preferred. Experience in dietary supplements, CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods), food or pharmaceuticals a plus.
- Green or Black Belt certification a plus.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to build positive relationships at all levels both internal and external to the organization
- Excellent communications skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media – verbal, written, etc.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills.
- Knowledge of Plant Quality Systems related to SOP’s, control plans, work instructions, project management, quality engineering and quality audit functions.
- Competence in Total Quality Systems (ISO-9000), CGMP and regulatory requirements (21 CFR 110, 111 and 210/211).
- Strong project management skills, ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong leadership abilities and skills as a team builder, coach, and mentor.
- Solid critical thinking skills and ability to create new, innovative ways to handle the quality function.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite, MS Project and SAP).
- Knowledge of computerized applications of SPC (Statistical Process Control).
- Ability to analyze data and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality at all times and in all situations.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More