Brand Manager, Ecommerce (Remote Opportunity)
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Come be a part of Church & Dwight’s eCommerce acceleration leading ecommerce efforts for our Fabric Care business unit with iconic brands Arm & Hammer, OxiClean, and Xtra.
The Brand Ecommerce Manager is a unique role ideal for a curious, digitally-savvy leader with strong general management aptitude who is looking to dive deeper into ecommerce. They will drive the long term, profitable growth of our ecommerce business by leading the development of our brand ecommerce strategies, execution of growth plans and identifying and removing barriers to growth.
Much like a traditional brand manager, the Brand Ecommerce Manager owns the ecommerce business for a specific business unit from end to end including the P+L and tackling whatever jobs need to be done to drive the business.
The ideal candidate is accountable for developing strong plans and partnering cross-functionally to work across all major levers of the ecommerce business including optimizing the digital shelf, content, retail media, promotions, and product optimization/innovation. They should have strong analytics skills for ongoing evaluation of progress against growth plans and be able to identify and implement modifications.
They are the key force behind driving ecommerce growth and prioritization across the business unit brand teams, acting as a thought leader and catalyst for process change. As such, they have experience developing a cohesive, best-in-class brand experience online and working across departments and agencies to execute plans. We have significant goals to accelerate our ecommerce business in the coming years and we are looking for a self-starter with experience driving this level of growth.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Leads development of ecommerce strategy, multi-year growth plans, brand specific roadmaps and initiatives for all brands within our SBU. Ensures alignment with broader brand strategies and campaigns as well as eRetail activation strategy and digital shelf best practices.
- Works across departments and agencies to define and build a seamless process for evaluating progress and executing plans. This is driven by a heightened level of business analytics and reporting.
- Identifies channel/customer-specific SKU priorities and related total customer investment mix (trade, CP, shopper and media)
- Leads identification and assessment of channel/customer-specific assortment and product/packaging opportunities analysis to achieve business and profitability goals
- Actively monitors and manages online assortment availability, taxonomy, share of search and digital shelf.
- Translates our brand identity online and develops a best-in-class brand experience. Leads development of enhanced content (i.e. A+ Page, images/video, product name, SEO, mobile optimized) delivering a consistent, omnichannel brand experience. Accountable for creative team briefings and content approvals.
- Lead the planning and optimization of retailer marketing and media programs through collaboration with cross-functional team. Identifies test and learn beta programs and new initiatives to drive growth and insights
- Oversees product launches online in coordination with brand marketing. Brings forward new product opportunities and works with cross-functional team to quickly bring to market.
- Regularly reviews and reports out on POS trends as well as online market share with a keen eye to bridging online and offline market share gaps
- Monitors and identifies 3P or counterfeit opportunities for legal ‘takedown’. Works with Sales and legal to resolve.
Education and Experience .
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 5-7 year of marketing or sales experience, cpg and digital experience strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of brand management or equivalent experience, cpg and digital experience strongly preferred
- Strong general manager and analytical mindset
- Proven history of driving sales growth and process optimization
- Experience establishing ecommerce process across multiple departments and agencies preferred
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Syndicated Data, Trade Promotion Management
- Familiarity with key retailer e-commerce operations, platforms, promotional/media vehicles, etc.
- DTC experience a plus
Skills and Competencies
- Motivated self-starter with a desire to lead a step change in brand sales growth online
- As comfortable handling the details as well as thinking about the big picture
- Comfortable working autonomously as well as with internal and external teams/agencies.
- Demonstrated skills in managing complex processes across stakeholders, using strong interpersonal skills and a heightened level of communication.
- Passion for metrics and quantitative analysis, and ability to turn analysis into action and financial results.
COVID VACCINE REQUIREMENT*: To support the health and safety of our team members, successful candidates for employment in this role must (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and to have submitted proof of vaccination status, or (2) request and receive an approved accommodation based on medical circumstances or sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances.
*Only applicable for Corporate positions based in Princeton, NJ and Ewing, NJ
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More