Director R&D, Technology Development - Personal Care and Health & Wellness
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
A Director, R&D Technology, must demonstrate a sustained record of scientific achievement and leadership (e.g. the discovery of new technologies, scientific concepts, or principles) that have made a significant impact within the company or the industry.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assists Director/VP/EVP in establishing technical strategies/scientific policies.
- Manages projects internally and at outside research facilities or independent contract laboratories.
- Identifies and evaluates upstream technologies for potential implementation into existing products or new products.
- Leads/assists in the technical due diligence of new technologies and M&A opportunities.
- Spearheads technology scouting and IP landscaping activities.
- Be an internal champion for open innovation, design thinking, advanced consumer research, etc.
- Prepares reports and makes technical presentations to communicate key findings to technical, marketing, legal and regulatory personnel.
- Serves as the primary contact with outside organizations.
- Develops capital/expense budget for externally managed projects.
- Guides, coaches and reviews subordinates.
Education and Experience
An MS or Ph.D degree from an accredited institution in chemical, biochemical, or engineering sciences or related discipline with greater than 15 years of experience in a related technical field.
Skills and Competencies
- Technical Leadership
- Is recognized as the Company’s foremost technical authority in the field of household products.
- Has good understanding of patents and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrates strong project management skills.
- Develops research strategies for multiple complex technical programs
- Has broad scientific/technical vision that aligns with business goals
- Possesses the ability to command technical respect and to communicate with recognized scientific authorities
COVID VACCINE REQUIREMENT*: To support the health and safety of our team members, successful candidates for employment in this role must (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and to have submitted proof of vaccination status, or (2) request and receive an approved accommodation based on medical circumstances or sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances.
*Only applicable for Corporate positions based in Princeton, NJ and Ewing, NJ
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More