Finance Manager - Sales & Ecommerce
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Finance Manager - Sales & Ecommerce is a strategic business partner to the Sales and Ecommerce teams. This individual is accountable for the financial leadership and oversight in driving sustainable revenue and margin growth by ensuring timely financial analysis and insights to drive optimal investment with our customers and channels.
Key areas of responsibility will include understanding and leveraging the drivers of Gross to Net/ Cost-to-serve items to drive insights to facilitate sound business decisions, enhancing capabilities in Ecommerce P&L management, and provide financial analysis to enable Revenue Growth opportunities. The incumbent will establish key performance indicators and design key financial processes and tools to improve tracking, monitoring and controls.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of experience in CPG with demonstrated capability and motivation to embrace technology and develop new ways of working to drive better outcomes for Finance and the business. This role will manage a team of Senior Financial Analysts and will report into the Finance Director - Commercial Finance.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Business Partnership & Capabilities
- Assumes Financial Leadership in driving profitability for our Sales & Ecommerce teams
- Improves visibility and understanding of our Customer investments and Gross-Net drivers
- Provides Financial analysis and recommendations for new business/channel opportunities
- Leverages Customer Portfolio principles to drive profitable Customer/Channel/Brand mix
Business Performance Management
- Leads Analysis and Review of Gross-Net (Trade, Sales Returns & Allowances)
- Owns the Trade estimate process and identifies causes of variance to drive corrective actions
- Develops value add capabilities to enhance reporting and insights into Customer Profitability and Ecommerce performance
People & Process
- Sets direction for the Sales Finance Team and supports individual growth & development
- Responsible for building financial acumen for Sales teams
- Develops standardized and streamline processes to drive efficient execution
- Owns Trade Governance/Compliance to ensure controls are in place
Education and Experience
- 7+ years of business experience in the Consumer-Packaged Goods industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting & MBA or CPA Accounting designation
- Strong financial & commercial acumen with experience in Sales/Revenue Management Finance
- Managerial/direct supervisory experience required
- Experience with Oracle and SAP is an asset
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills and ability to build business partnerships
- High level of enthusiasm and exhibits a growth/solutions-oriented mindset
- Strong initiative to drive change and make impactful business recommendations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities/stakeholders
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures and forecasting practices
- Strong analytical proficiency, business judgment, modelling and problem-solving skills
Church and Dwight Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a barrier-free, inclusive and accessible work environment. Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodation in respect of a legally protected characteristic in accordance with applicable human rights legislation. If you require accommodation on this basis, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please inform our Human Resources department if you require an accommodation in completing this application for employment or for otherwise participating in the application process.
Canada is more than its hulking-mountain, craggy-coast good looks: it also cooks extraordinary meals, rocks cool culture and unfurls wild, moose-spotting road trips.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More