Distribution Resource Operator - Overnights
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Shift: 2-2-3 Rotation, 6:00pm – 6:00am
Starting Hourly Wage - $24.21/hr
Sign On Bonus - $2500
This highly visible position located at our Harrisonville, MO facility.
General Summary: Provides day-to-day leadership and support for the Distribution team. Helps managed the Raw materials and trailers needed for daily operations. Acts as a liaison between departments and shifts to communicate possible changes or issues.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads team in problem solving and short-term business issues
- Responsible for the dock management and work flow of the receiving dock, including effective cross shift communication
- Assist with inventory control management, including inventory control procedures and systems, cycle counts, physical inventories, for package materials
- Ensure all forklift operators are utilized and cross trained properly to be able to complete all receiving functions required for a forklift
- Ensure raw materials are brought to the lines in a timely manner so OEE is optimized
- Works to standardize operating processes
- Implements strategies, action plans, and cost control measures
- Ensures proper daily shift set up including personnel placement.
- Operates material handling equipment, including forklift.
- Provides frequent and ongoing communication to keep all team members fully informed of company business.
- Interacts with all levels of organization and successfully resolves people/business issues.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Complies and assists enforcement of all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Needed:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work for long periods of time, under pressure, to produce results.
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to independently provide work direction to team members.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot issues and apply appropriate conflict resolution skills.
- Basic chemical and mechanical aptitude.
- Proficiency with MS office
Education and Experience Needed:
- College degree preferred and/or minimum two years progressive experience that demonstrates required leadership skill set working in a manufacturing environment.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) program such as SAP preferred.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More