Maintenance Technician - Overnights
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Shift: 2-2-3 Rotation, 6:00pm – 6:00am
Starting Hourly Wage - $31.89/hr
Sign On Bonus - $2500
This highly visible position located at our Harrisonville, MO facility.
Under supervision, performs mechanical repairs, basic electrical troubleshooting, and preventative maintenance on all Packaging Lines equipment and general facility when needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs entry to mid-level repairs to packaging lines during production. This could include but is not limited to troubleshooting, machine repairs, machine adjustments and fine tuning.
- May be required to setup and operate simple machining operations including but not limited to: drill press, grinder, lathe and other metal working tools to make and repair parts.
- May perform basic welding tasks.
- Performs Preventative Maintenance or Work Order support as scheduled. Coordinates assigned work with needs of the plant and labor availability
- Identifies needed parts, supplies, and repair items.
- Assures compliance with 5S, housekeeping standards and CI activities.
- Works and trains on all maintenance related activities – pairs with other MT’s to gain knowledge and experience on all facets of production extending beyond packaging lines into the processing and support areas.
- Uses computer to update CMMS.
- Provides support and back up to other members of the department as needed by leadership
- Completes technical self-study programs for career development.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Follows all safety related policies, participates in required safety training, always remains observant and aware.
Knowledge Skills, Abilities Needed:
- Good oral and written communication skills, organizational and time management skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of industrial controls and pneumatics
- Three phase electrical knowledge required; PLC knowledge desired
- Machine tool experience
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work for long periods of time, under pressure to produce results
- Ability to make decisions and demonstrate ambiguity
Education and Experience Needed:
- High school diploma and 1+ years proven maintenance experience working within a related manufacturing environment
- Three phase electrical knowledge required with a demonstrated understanding of industrial controls and pneumatics
- Allen-Bradley PLC & Hydraulic experience desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong attention to detail desired
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
We mitigate supply chain issues and solve challenges in order to continue supporting and serving our corporate customers.Learn more
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More