Continuous Improvement Engineer
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Continuous Improvement Engineer
• Under the Technical Manager's supervision, this position drives assigned improvement activities to completion for the plant.
• Involved in multiple areas of focus such as process design, equipment capabilities, and reliability and manufacturing improvements.
• Assists the Technical Manager in the development of continuous improvement methodologies and strategies and assists with implementing a culture of continuous improvement.
• Ensure all tasks are performed according to safety, quality, and regulatory procedures.
• Responsible for planning and executing improvement activities for manufacturing and packaging facility.
• Work with Technical Manager to identify and charter new continuous improvement projects to meet finished product demand, safety, productivity, process improvement and cost goals.
• Support and help drive culture of continuous improvement.
• Incorporate/use principles and techniques of lean manufacturing, such as 5S, key TPS (Toyota Production System), TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) elements, etc. in daily work as well as during project completion.
• As competence in lean and continuous improvement principles is developed, utilize cross functional teams to coordinate project schedules, ensure results and sustain improvements.
• Assist Technical Manager in providing formal training in process improvement methodologies, such as Lean Six Sigma, across the various departments.
• Provide ongoing project support to process owners.
• Communicate methods, changes, scheduling, etc. as appropriate throughout the organization.
• Track operations key performance indicators with defined reason codes; generate reports and trend graphs.
• Create and own action item tracking systems that drive continual improvement and accountability in problem solving, cost savings, layered audits and continuous improvement projects
• Facilitate root cause analysis and large kaizen events
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor of Science degree, engineering preferred, along with experience that could likely provide the required knowledge and abilities needed to perform the job.
• Manufacturing experience; packaging experience a plus.
• Project management experience, preferably as an engineer or in a leadership role.
• Highly desirable: Experience as a Continuous Improvement Engineer, and/or a Lean Six Sigma belt.
• Ability to execute and close Lean Six Sigma-type projects in both manufacturing and transactional business environments.
• Ability to influence others and rapidly build internal network.
• High energy, self-starter.
• Excellent project management and communication skills.
• Experience in the facilitation of work groups, utilizing leadership skills.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More