Manufacturing Technician - Days
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Manufacturing Technician - Days
Schedule: 3-2-2 Hours: 7:00am - 7:30pm
Starting Pay Rate - $16.16/hr.
Sign On Bonus - $1,500
What we’re about:
- Innovation-We consistently generate new
- ideas, thinking outside the box while remaining strategically focused. We always think in terms of possibilities, not limitations.
- Collaboration-We rely on open and honest communication to develop productive working relationships within and across our business units and functions. The mutual respect we have for our colleagues enables us to challenge each other, leading to an even more cohesive team.
- Focus-We maintain a laser-like focus on our consumers. We will grow by leveraging consumer insights on all of our brands and will continue to be industry leaders.
- Entrepreneurialism-We pride ourselves on fostering this spirit where risk-taking and action is encouraged. We are extremely competitive externally, but not internally.
This highly visible position located at our Victorville, CA Facility.
What you’ll do:
This position will be responsible for safety, quality and productivity of all equipment on a high-speed manufacturing line including unscrambler, filler, case former, case sealer, case packer. You will be responsible for performing receipt of all raw materials necessary to maintain support of manufacturing production lines. Perform and assist with machine startup/shutdown operations of all equipment in production areas including filler, Douglas case wrap, case sealer, Hartness case packer, and palletizer/stretch wrapper. Assist with general operations in various areas as needed throughout the daily production schedules.
- Assist with operational set up/shut down and maintenance of packing line equipment.
- Operate, clear jams and restart equipment such as sealer, case former, case wrapper, palletizer and Hartness.
- Hand stack cases of finished goods onto pallets as required.
- Identify alarms on various equipment to appropriately and safely clear jam to restart packaging line
- Apply and understand proper lock out/tag out procedures for each piece of equipment assigned to operate
- Load bottles directly on the conveyor as well as train and lead temporary workforce to load bottles
- Load cat cartons on to magazine
- Load bundles of corrugate into case former and case wrapper executing safe lifting techniques
- Inspect finished product for defects at various points on the packing line
- Fill out quality forms, used in production
- Perform housekeeping duties to keep work area clean and neat
- Cross-Train for other production positions to become qualified to fill-in for short and long-term absences
- Load corrugate and bottles into the baler and train temporary workforce to safely operate baler
- Perform operational set-up, blow back and removal of fragrance totes
- Operate Advance CS7000 floor scrubber
- Create hand add pallets for LLD batching executing safe lifting techniques
- Perform other duties as required.
What you’ll need:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Prior experience in a work environment requiring regular attendance and application of basic industrial environment skills such as spatial and temporal awareness, mechanical aptitude and process understanding.
- Minimum 6 months experience in an industrial environment and with the use and operation of commonly used industrial equipment.
What we’ll offer:
- Competitive salary including annual bonus & Stock Incentive Program
- Comprehensive benefits package along with generous 401K
- Career ownership & development
- Diversity & Sustainability
Drug Free Workplace:
All applicants who have received an offer of employment, as a condition of employment, are subject to our pre-employment drug testing process. The pre-employment testing procedure consists of dual testing methods: hair sample testing and a 10 panel urine sample test. Positive results will result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment immediately and the applicant will no longer be considered for employment. PLEASE NOTE: Medical Marijuana is not accepted as an exemption even where medical marijuana use is legal under state law, regulation or ordinance: testing positive for the presence of Marijuana or its metabolites will be considered a positive result and will result in withdrawal of the offer.
Church & Dwight Co. Inc., a $3.5 billion company, was founded in 1846 and is headquartered in Ewing, New Jersey. We are one of the fastest growing Consumer Packaged Goods companies and as a testament to our performance; the company was added to the S&P 500 in 2016. Church & Dwight is a leader in the Household Consumer Products and Personal Care industry, with such brands as ARM & HAMMER, Trojan, First Response, Nair, Spinbrush, Oxi Clean, Vitafusion, Orajel, Batiste and more.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
DIVERSITY At Church & Dwight
Church & Dwight strives to create an environment where everyone feels free to bring their authentic self to work every day.
We win when we respect every employee for who they are – regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other differences. We believe that our employees’ contributions are richer because of their diversity. We aim to be a diverse, inclusive and equitable company and are determined to build a culture where people have the power to win together.
CULTURE At Church & Dwight
We care - about our people, our products, our consumers and our environment. To honor these priorities, we’ve built our culture around the tenants of courage, determination and team spirit. We’re united by our small company feel and inspired by opportunities to make our mark.Learn More
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More