Processing Technician C
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
- Responsible to transfer semi-finish product from main vessel to tote run tank.
- Physically performs manual additions 80% to 100% of the time day.
- Works with corrosive, acids, toxic, oxidizers and high temperature unfinished product on a daily basis.
Dental and Non-Dental Functions:
- Responsible to perform washouts, purges, and paperwork including batch changes to maintain production line.
- Reports to the Processing Supervisor to receive daily assignments
- Operator is required to stage batches using a fork truck
- Add dry and liquid raw materials into blenders
- Must properly label tanks, totes, samples etc.
- Run different equipment simultaneously such as charging raw material to main vessel while preparing pre-mixes.
- Follow batch sheet instructions and sign off on each step of the process – FDA Required.
- Obtain samples from each batch and submit to the Quality Department for approval
- Manage bulk liquid and dry inventory through the use of the WMS system.
- Perform OSHA required forklift safety inspection and complete checklist
- Wear appropriate PPE and follow all safety procedures
- Responsible for keeping work area clean
- Adhere to departments SOP’s, GMP’s and JSA’s
- Participates in all job-related Safety training and personally complies with all safety policies and procedures
- Will receive general orientation, job specific, and refresher training relative to the hazardous chemicals they may handle in the course of performing their jobs.
- Will comply with all NJ laws and company policies/procedures while sampling, unloading, pre-weighing, transferring, and/or handling, hazardous chemicals
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Dental operator uses an automated control process via HMI touch screen to process semi finish product.
- Dental operator connects the dedicated hose to transfer raw material from tanker to pre-fill batch hoppers.
- Manually introduces the raw material into the main vessel through a vacuum system.
- Responsible for batching and supply the line with product via storage or totes.
- Work with oxidizers and toxic raw material.
- Maintain LPD skid to support daily packaging line requirements
- Must be able to speak and communicate in English.
- Basic math skills
- Strong computer skills – Ability to operate automated systems or programming
- Forklift certified
- Able to follow directions
- Detailed oriented
- Teamwork oriented – Ability to effectively communicate
- Ability to multitask
- Able to operate multiple blenders - additions
Education and experience required:
- HS diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Chemical Aptitude – Experience in chemicals mixing and batching process.
- Minimum one year experience as a Compounder/Batch maker in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. FDA environment a plus.
- Experience with WMS a plus.
- Must clear a respiratory fit test to wear a respirator.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More