Associate Director, Customer Strategic Planning
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The Customer Strategic Planning Associate Director is the critical CSP team leader for the SBU and is the single point of accountability linking an SBU’s strategies and plans to Field Sales. To accomplish this, the Associate Director ensures work between Business Units, Field Sales, and the Internal Sales team communicates brand strategies supported by initiatives, implementation plans and executional measurement. The Associate Director represents the voice of the Channel and Customer to the Brands and the direction of the Brands to Customers and Channels. The Associate Director leads and provides direction to all CSP managers within the SBU and is supported internally by the Category Management and Sales Analytics and Business Solutions departments. The Associate Director is responsible for the development and career planning of the employees within their CSP SBU.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Drive alignment of strategic trade and brand marketing initiatives across all SBU’s.
- Owns the SBU’s annual Customer Planning process, ensuring that all organizational requirements are met from a timing and data integrity standpoint
- Accountable for the annual bottom up planning process including active support and analysis for key strategic customers as well as providing ongoing feedback and presentation of customer plans and corporate risks and opportunities to headquarter functions.
- Accountable for the coordination and execution of customer businesses plans that meet brand strategies and deliver corporate growth, trade spend and profit objectives
- Build Channel / Class of trade strategies representing marketplace requirements and emerging needs while accounting for the role of the brand in the channel.
- Lead cross-functional teams and drive collaboration between SBUs, Field Sales, and Functions
- Represent Customer Strategic Planning at SBU senior brand team meetings to represent sales and provide direction and insight related to customers and brand performance
- Ensures efficient management of workflow and information between Strategic Business units and Field Sales
- Coordinate the new product development process for the entire brand life-cycle.
- Collaborates with Sales Analytics and Business Solutions on AOP and Trade Fund Allocation
- Revises and manages the SBU customer segmentation model
- Collaborates with Sales to develop profitable Trade Spending plans
- Ensures DSMPs are accurate and deployed based on inputs from Advanced Analytics and Business Solutions and Category Management
- Develops deployment materials for the Sales Playbook
- Represent sales in the S&OP process and resolve supply/demand/forecasting issues with cross-functional teams (Demand Planning, Customer Service and Marketing) and communicate accordingly to Sales.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 10+ years’ experience with heavy emphasis on Trade Marketing, Sales Leadership, Field Sales and Sales Operations within a CPG Headquarters environment.
- In depth knowledge of retailer go to market strategies and class of trade /channel dynamics
- Proven People management experience
- Demonstrated strong analytical, financial management, business acumen and problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of syndicated data systems and reporting methodologies
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of TPM/TPO systems
- Experience with analysis of retail promotion effectiveness and efficiency
Skills and Competencies
- Build Effective Teams/Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Organizational Influence
- Strategic Agility
- Action Oriented/Priority Setting/Drive For Results
- Decision Quality
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Technical Skills
- Code of Conduct
- Sexual Harassment Avoidance
COVID VACCINE REQUIREMENT*: To support the health and safety of our team members, successful candidates for employment in this role must (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and to have submitted proof of vaccination status, or (2) request and receive an approved accommodation based on medical circumstances or sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances.
*Only applicable for Corporate positions based in Princeton, NJ and Ewing, NJ
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
With corporate offices and major plants across the country, we’re building consumer products and connecting with global offices from the place where it all began.Explore this location
Equal Employment Opportunity for the Disabled At Church & Dwight
As an equal opportunity employer, Church & Dwight is committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact 877-809-8449 or email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these options are available only to those needing an accommodation because of a medical condition or disability. All email submissions should include “Accommodation needed” in the subject line as well as information related to the specific position you are interested in (requisition number, job title, location, etc.). Church & Dwight will not respond to inquiries made to email@example.com or 877-809-8449 that are not related to accessibility of the online application system by persons with medical conditions or disabilities. To review Church & Dwight’s Equal Opportunities Employer Policy, click link below.Learn More